Post your vehicles

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Post your vehicles
Posted: May 6, 2010 at 11:10 Quote
trckmastr wrote:
doyouquaxu wrote:
down here i think the most common vehicle is a rediculously lifted superduty, or other auto maker's trucks of similar size. i had one guy just tell me at the gas station the other night that he's getting a 3" body lift and going from 35 to 37" tires since he's tired of other trucks looking down on him.

my favorite part, body lifts are now illegal in the state of CA, and you can get a fix it ticket for having one. finally, a law in this state that doesnt suck.

I haven't heard that. Do you have the vehicle code for that?

http://www.liftlaws.com/california_lift_laws.htm

for now, i have that which says over 5" from top of frame to bottom of body is illegal. i'll keep digging through the cvc, and i asked my friend who knows a guy who did get a ticket for it

Posted: May 6, 2010 at 11:12 Quote
doyouquaxu wrote:
trckmastr wrote:
doyouquaxu wrote:
down here i think the most common vehicle is a rediculously lifted superduty, or other auto maker's trucks of similar size. i had one guy just tell me at the gas station the other night that he's getting a 3" body lift and going from 35 to 37" tires since he's tired of other trucks looking down on him.

my favorite part, body lifts are now illegal in the state of CA, and you can get a fix it ticket for having one. finally, a law in this state that doesnt suck.

I haven't heard that. Do you have the vehicle code for that?

http://www.liftlaws.com/california_lift_laws.htm

for now, i have that which says over 5" from top of frame to bottom of body is illegal. i'll keep digging through the cvc

Ya its not illegal. Just cant go over 5". Its very hard to find BL's over 3"

Posted: May 6, 2010 at 12:33 Quote
Who body lifts their truck 5 inches?

Posted: May 6, 2010 at 12:46 Quote
stpriider2 wrote:
nobody that I know of

Posted: May 6, 2010 at 13:28 Quote
stpriider2 wrote:
haha some moron that wants there body to be ripped off the frame when they get stuck and somebody yanks em outlol lol lol lol

Posted: May 6, 2010 at 15:18 Quote
I think the point here is that people with body lifts usually don't leave pavement... Meaning if they get stuck they must be driving a Found On Road Dead(No offense, I drive a ford/mazda)

Posted: May 6, 2010 at 15:21 Quote
jcc1015 wrote:
I think the point here is that people with body lifts usually don't leave pavement... Meaning if they get stuck they must be driving a Found On Road Dead(No offense, I drive a ford/mazda)

I dont think that is the point at all. A body lift in my eyes is to gain an extra X inches of space to allow for tires/wheel travel. It doesn't mean your truck is useless by any means. I know people that have gone with suspension and body lifts. Body lifts cost excessively less and are way easier to install. Its a budget friendly way to squish those tires in you wanted. IMO.

Posted: May 6, 2010 at 15:23 Quote
spoiledgoods wrote:
jcc1015 wrote:

I dont think that is the point at all. A body lift in my eyes is to gain an extra X inches of space to allow for tires/wheel travel. It doesn't mean your truck is useless by any means. I know people that have gone with suspension and body lifts. Body lifts cost excessively less and are way easier to install. Its a budget friendly way to squish those tires in you wanted. IMO.

I would say that's a fact more than an opinion.

Posted: May 6, 2010 at 15:25 Quote
While that may be true, which I hadn't thought of before, I would still prefer not distancing the body from the frame. It may be harder to modify the metalworking to house those bigger tires, but I think the final product would be worth the extra.

Posted: May 7, 2010 at 14:56 Quote
ezekiel wrote:
spoiledgoods wrote:
jcc1015 wrote:

I would say that's a fact more than an opinion.

That is all true, my friend has had an old chev for a long time now with a 3" body lift. He does the occasional off-roading, and with time the blocks have started to push through the bed and cab where the metal has begun to decompose. If it's looks you're after with a newer truck and you don't mind being able to see between your frame and bed, hell save yourself a buck or two with a body lift. If it's off road performance and reliability, suspension lift, hands down, no questions asked.

Posted: May 7, 2010 at 17:05 Quote
i had a 1977 f250 with 460, 4 wheel disc brakes, line locs on all 4 corners. locking hubs, dana 60's front and rear. it came stock with a 2" lift and could fit 35's but im gonna buy it back off the guy and lift it 9"'s and put either 38's or 40's on er. all i need to do is body work.

Posted: May 7, 2010 at 19:15 Quote
brodie-biker69 wrote:
i had a 1977 f250 with 460, 4 wheel disc brakes, line locs on all 4 corners. locking hubs, dana 60's front and rear. it came stock with a 2" lift and could fit 35's but im gonna buy it back off the guy and lift it 9"'s and put either 38's or 40's on er. all i need to do is body work.
sounds like a beast

Posted: May 7, 2010 at 19:23 Quote
brodie-biker69 wrote:

Famous last words.

Posted: May 7, 2010 at 19:25 Quote
ezekiel wrote:
brodie-biker69 wrote:

Famous last words.
its a 4x4 it gonna get banged up, i wouldnt worry about it

Posted: May 7, 2010 at 19:38 Quote
ziegele wrote:
its a 4x4 it gonna get banged up, i wouldnt worry about it

My point was that you should never underestimate rust and any comments you make about the state or amount of rust is dangerous.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007157
Mobile Version of Website