Post your vehicles

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Post your vehicles
Posted: Oct 31, 2011 at 14:07 Quote
it used to be cheaper, but nowadays they manufacture stuff so cheap that its died out.

Posted: Oct 31, 2011 at 14:28 Quote
well to be fair if you can do it yourself, turning them is free. it's just that by the time you've got to the stage of thinking hmm these could do with sorting out, these brakes.... then well yeah $40 a rotor or whatever (yep you can get them for like half that) you may as well replace them. not to mention they're probably more up to the job than they were thirty years ago, things last for YEARSS.

Posted: Oct 31, 2011 at 14:28 Quote
ive never heard of that either...

Posted: Oct 31, 2011 at 14:31 Quote
awais wrote:
ive never heard of that either...
haha way to blow your own product's trumpet "Das RESET Pedal1 lässt technisch keine Wünsche offen."
essentially that translated is the RESET Pedal1 leaves no technology unexplored.... that's about as accurate as my translation goes (literal translation is the RESET Pedal1 leaves no wishes of technology open)

DUBPOST edit posting bitchhhhhh lol
i went to the trouble of translating it so my comment is staying.

Posted: Oct 31, 2011 at 14:38 Quote
well i just relized it had nothing to do with cars so i deleted it Blank Stare but ehre it is anyways Smile

http://r2-bike.com/reset-pedale-pedal1-titan_1

Posted: Oct 31, 2011 at 14:47 Quote
Or when you can't get the drum you need.

For instance the drums for my Bus are hard to find, and when you do, rarely in stock. So turning has become a viable option, lucking I was able to find a set of drums but many have not been able to.

Posted: Oct 31, 2011 at 16:03 Quote
the cost of buying new rotors Vs getting them machined isnt worth it, my rotors cost me $17 each, it costs me $300 to do my all my brakes including new front calipers

Posted: Oct 31, 2011 at 17:17 Quote
I work in a shop. turning rots makes a lot of sense really, so does buying new ones. for instance turning rotors on a jetta/passat we would charge $27 a rotor, where as brand new off brand rotors can be bought for $30-35. most people will go with new and that makes sense.

However once you get into larger cars/trucks turning starts to make a lot more sense. Some truck/van rotors retail for $150 a rotor. When I can turn my factory rotors(AS LONG AS THERE WITHIN A SAFE SPEC) for $30 a rotor as opposed to buying a $150 rotor the choice is clear.

turning rotors when done properly and not in a rush are no worse off than new third party brand rotors. the issue is when there cut with old teeth, cut in a rush and not slowly then you see problems.

One reason why you may not know of turning rotors is because a lot of shops just dont. when you can sell a customer a brand new rotor at $100 it sure beats the markup on $30...my shop turns rotors, some dont. Would you buy a BRAND NEW flywheel every time you did a clutch? same theory...

Posted: Oct 31, 2011 at 18:09 Quote
yes you guys have no clue lol. dodge 3/4 ton pickups have rotors which cost 350 ea.. sooo machining a bit off makes sence, AND not every new rotor is straight they will warp after being used a little bit, Ive done new rotors and pads on newer chevys and had the rotors be warped from new soo burn and its 40$ too machine a rotor at my work...

agree with you 100% mitchum!! Rear rotors for my F150 were 150 ea for the rears, i was too cheap to do all 4 so my front ones are slightly under spec. And too another note people come in all the time with terrible brake pulsations, why spend 300$ on new rotors when you can spend 80?

Posted: Oct 31, 2011 at 18:09 Quote
sidermang wrote:
the cost of buying new rotors Vs getting them machined isnt worth it, my rotors cost me $17 each, it costs me $300 to do my all my brakes including new front calipers

not everyone drives a sunfire lol calipers cost like 60 bucks on those damn things.

Posted: Oct 31, 2011 at 18:12 Quote
cbc24 wrote:
sidermang wrote:

not everyone drives a sunfire lol calipers cost like 60 bucks on those damn things.

good thing i don't drive a sunfire Wink i drive a chevy sprint turbo

Posted: Oct 31, 2011 at 18:15 Quote
same thing lol jk but ya cars are cheap, new trucks are retarded. How bout tire change overs since its winter season soon? we charge 130 for mounting truck tires and i think 110 for cars, then 16 a wheel for balancing but i fyou get tires through us its free m+B

Posted: Oct 31, 2011 at 18:17 Quote
Who uses Nitto TerraGrapplers?

Posted: Oct 31, 2011 at 18:27 Quote
they are the same basic tire as a toyo open country a/t. toyo pretty much manufactures nittos truck tires

Posted: Oct 31, 2011 at 18:27 Quote
cbc24 wrote:
same thing lol jk but ya cars are cheap, new trucks are retarded. How bout tire change overs since its winter season soon? we charge 130 for mounting truck tires and i think 110 for cars, then 16 a wheel for balancing but i fyou get tires through us its free m+B
110 for all four yeah? lol i need to get mine changed over in the next couple of weeks, don't want to switch them out too soon though
gonna test out these Bridgestone Blizzaks to the MAXXXX when we get some proper snow up here Big Grin

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023182
Mobile Version of Website