ethirteen service, anyone getting through?

PB Forum :: YT Industries
ethirteen service, anyone getting through?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jul 12, 2020 at 13:40 Quote
Posting this here since YT has had a relationship with ethirteen. I placed an order for a set of ethirteen wheels and they only shipped me the front wheel! They are quoting 10 business days for a reply to service inquiries which is insane and totally unacceptable.

Has anyone gotten through with their customer support? I tried their 1 800 number and it just plays an automated message quoting service times of 10 days.

In addition to that cluster I emailed their support about an issue with a guide ring and it took them 15 business days to reply!! My issue with the guideirng still isn't fixed and its been 18 business days! No way am I waiting that long for them to fix their screw up with my wheel order.

I dealt with their service team one time last year and they were amazing, so helpful. But now, they, like many others, are still leaning on Covid19 as an excuse for tereible slow, basically nonexistant service.

O+
Posted: Jul 18, 2020 at 11:23 Quote
Just wanted to update this. E13 ended up shipping me a new wheel....in the wrong size....Wow. I have faith in their products but stay away from them right now. They can't seem to get anything right.

Posted: Jul 18, 2020 at 12:08 Quote
I've been thoroughly disappointed with ethirteen products ever since the first one I owned. My 2018 5010 came with a TRS Race cassette which shifted poorly out of the box as well as re-developing a terrible creak a few weeks after greasing it multiple times. To add, the 10 and 9 tooth cogs lasted a very short time and caused the chain to skip under pressure and one of the aluminum cogs folded over while riding, which I straightened with an adjustable wrench. I stupidly purchased one of their new TRS Plus cassettes after I inquired about if they had updated the tooth profiles to aid in smoother shifting, to which they confirmed that they did. Their new cassette is also advertised as e-bike compatible since they supposedly made it more durable, but added tons of weight in the process. I was stuck purchasing this cassette because the 11 speed Garbaruk cassettes supposedly don't shift well and are expensive, and the 11 speed Sram cassettes have a narrow range. Upon receiving the TRS Plus cassette, the aluminum carrier literally had to be hammered on to my XD driver. The instructions do state that it will be a tight fit, but having to hammer it on is an unacceptably poor design. About 20 hammer blows later and the carrier is finally flush with the XD driver. I tighten up the seemingly redundant pinch bolt, considering how tight the carrier already fit onto the driver, and twist on the remaining 10 solid steel cogs. A fresh KMC 11.93 chain and RaceFace narrow wide also go on the bike. I kid you not, the shifting was identical, if not worse, than that of my old worn out TRS Race cassette. It still struggles to shift between the 10 and 9 tooth cogs and is clunky on all the other gears. Often times while shifting down the cassette, the chain will drop down 2 cogs then jump back up to the desired gear. So I added more cable tension, but doing so led to rubbing and ghost shifting up a gear while pedaling over rough ground. You really can't win with this cassette. I wish I could warranty my new cassette, but I know it would take an eternity for them to process my request and shipping both ways would be slow because of Corona, which means no riding during this prime riding period. I've been just sucking it up and cursing the cassette every time it shifts poorly, which is just about every shift. I can't wait for this to wear out, which shouldn't take long, so that I can replace it with a proper cassette.

O+
Posted: Jul 18, 2020 at 12:59 Quote
derekguy123 wrote:
... I can't wait for this to wear out, which shouldn't take long, so that I can replace it with Shimano 12 speed.

Fixed that for you.

Posted: Jul 18, 2020 at 13:15 Quote
provin1327 wrote:
derekguy123 wrote:
... I can't wait for this to wear out, which shouldn't take long, so that I can replace it with Shimano 12 speed.

Fixed that for you.

That's exactly what I wanted to do originally, but don't currently have the funds to replace my shifter, derailleur, and XD driver to a microspline, along with the chain, chainring, and cassette. I'm kicking myself for not waiting. I've heard really great things about the new Shimano stuff.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009068
Mobile Version of Website