Remedy or Slash as mullet?

PB Forum :: Trek
Remedy or Slash as mullet?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 14, 2020 at 22:00 Quote
Does anyone run their remedy or slash as a mullet? Which do you think would work better as a mullet?

Obviously on the remedy you’d have to change forks but that’s not a big deal...

Posted: Jul 15, 2020 at 0:33 Quote
I've set up a carbon 19/20 remedy as mullet and exchanged my Fox 36 170mm grip2 forks with a 150mm Fox 36 51 offset and luftkappe in it. Been riding it since last December. The Remedy is a very playful and capable bike but at times it can feel too twitchy (with my 40mm stem) and outgunned by bigger bikes at speed. The 29er wheel in the front seems to remedy (pun intended) these particularities adding stability and rollover capability. Despite the reduction of 20mm of travel, my trail times got better and there is certainly a feeling that you're allowed to go fully on the front of the bike without risking going OTB or stuck down. Maneuverability and weight feels spot on. I've ridden both the carbon and the alu slash this year and the mullet Remedy does feel like a handy in-between.

For those with an affection to numbers:
Max a2c for Remedy 2019 is 558mm which matches the 170mm Fox 36 AND the 150mm 36 forks. A2c of the lyrik 160mm at 27.5 and the 140 at 29" w. 51 offset is 552mm. Larger offset allows for a subtler axle rise. The 29er wheel adds 25mm of height to the lower headset cup (bonty SE05 2.6 tire), despite the radius being 17-19mm on paper. That said, i'm planning to try it with 160mm as well, since the luftkappe offers a bit more sag in the first 30-40 of travel (also providing a much better support and ramp up than stock) hence i could get away with a bit more headtube rise since my actual riding position is not really high enough.

Posted: Jul 15, 2020 at 7:29 Quote
I ran my Remedy as a mullet bike for a bit just to see how it would feel. I used a 150mm fork (10mm less than stock)with a 51mm offset (trying to keep it lively on the climbs. When the trail pointed down the bike was a blast and switchbacks were a breeze, however it was like driving a bus on tech climbs. I have since tried the same on a Fuel EX (like Rdog did) and that worked really well. Rumor is the Remedy 29er is returning and mullet was my first thought lol

Posted: Jul 15, 2020 at 14:38 Quote
nerds-on-dirt-mtb wrote:
I ran my Remedy as a mullet bike for a bit just to see how it would feel. I used a 150mm fork (10mm less than stock)with a 51mm offset (trying to keep it lively on the climbs. When the trail pointed down the bike was a blast and switchbacks were a breeze, however it was like driving a bus on tech climbs. I have since tried the same on a Fuel EX (like Rdog did) and that worked really well. Rumor is the Remedy 29er is returning and mullet was my first thought lol

Nice! I'm currently riding the stumpjumper EVO 27.5 and it feels super solid at speed, but it's an absolute bear on the climbs. My buddy has the remedy but it doesn't inspire the same amount of confidence i have on the stumpy on the downs. I was thinking maybe the remedy with a 29 up front would be the best of both worlds!

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 14:17 Quote
does anyone have any long term experience with giving the remedy a mullet?? really curious to do this.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005555
Mobile Version of Website