Going tubeless with no protection ?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Going tubeless with no protection ?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 15, 2020 at 5:16 Quote
Hey guys,
Im considering going tubeless. I need your advice. I got stock Alexrims on my bike but theyre tubeless ready and pretty durable for me. I know that tubeless has no disadvanteges but I dont want to spend so much money on cushcore or something like this. I like to ride jumps, brap berms and this stuff Big Grin But im only 66kg so I think it would be no problem what do you think ? Should I go for it without cushcore or no? I have front Assegai kevlar tubeless ready but my rear is DHR 2 Dh casing not tubeless ready

Posted: Jul 16, 2020 at 9:50 Quote
Yeah no problems whatsoever. Worked for years before procore came out. If you are worried about the rims just don't push the air pressure to far

Posted: Jul 16, 2020 at 16:01 Quote
Check out Rimpact tyre inserts.

Posted: Jul 16, 2020 at 16:09 Quote
There´s absolutely no need for inserts on jumptrails and flowlines.
Even on natural terrain you don´t need them if you keep pressure within reasonable limits.
They are a game changer if you want maximum grip in rough terrain, though you always need to asses what your actual riding looks like and given your escription i´d rather safe the added weight of an insert if i´m not utilizing it to its full potential anyway. So go ahead, set em um tubeless and have fun riding your bike.

Posted: Jul 18, 2020 at 11:32 Quote
Very much depends on terrain and your weight/aggressiveness. I’m heavier than average and ride aggressively. When I get on sharp pointy stuff I tend to get punctures and shifting of my tubeless tape as well as plenty of rim impacts. I put a flat tire defender noodle in the rear tire and it’s been a game changer.

On the flip side my girlfriend rides much less aggressively and does just fine with tubes in both tires.

Posted: Jul 18, 2020 at 13:04 Quote
ItsMartY wrote:
Hey guys,
Im considering going tubeless. I need your advice. I got stock Alexrims on my bike but theyre tubeless ready and pretty durable for me. I know that tubeless has no disadvanteges but I dont want to spend so much money on cushcore or something like this. I like to ride jumps, brap berms and this stuff Big Grin But im only 66kg so I think it would be no problem what do you think ? Should I go for it without cushcore or no? I have front Assegai kevlar tubeless ready but my rear is DHR 2 Dh casing not tubeless ready

Some say when you need tyre insert - you just go to tougher casing, it will be the same Smile For your case you don't need tyre insert.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004733
Mobile Version of Website