Will a 29er wheel fit on 27.5 yari fork?

PB Forum :: 27.5/650b
Will a 29er wheel fit on 27.5 yari fork?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 16, 2020 at 7:24 Quote
I'm struggling to find information on this anywhere.
I've got my eyes set on the 2021 Commencal Meta AM HT essential. It comes with a 27.5 Yari with 2.8 tires . This is plus tire size. I want to know if I can fit my 2.4" tire 29er wheel set on this fork (if I ever choose to) but when I ask RockShox customer service they so no, it wont fit. This is so strange to me because 2.8 tires on a 27.5 rim is basically a 29er! Does anybody have Real world experience with the 27.5 Yari?

Yes I could just buy the Race model and get the 29er fork but the wheel set it comes with is kind of lousy with just 28mm internal width rims vs the Essential model coming with 35mm rims at 27.5. Plus being in Canada the cost difference is huge between the two models.
If anyone could explain this all it would be huge help for me!

Thanks.

Posted: Jul 16, 2020 at 9:11 Quote
Ive a bike that came with 27.5x3 tyres and a Pike, its now much better for running 29x2.5 F&R.
edited having re read the op

Posted: Jul 16, 2020 at 9:34 Quote
Not exactly answering the question but...

Doesn't Commencal offer the A la Cart option? I've seen it on the US site. Couldn't you just spec it part by part how you want it? I have no idea if that will add a lot of cost but worth a shot. I've never dealt with Commencal customer service but some vendors I've worked with have been awesome about customization if you get them on the phone.

Posted: Jul 16, 2020 at 10:38 Quote
The 29r wheel will fit the question is what tire size will fit. I imagine a 2.25-2.4 will fit anything past that is luck

Posted: Jul 16, 2020 at 12:43 Quote
Shnoztastic wrote:
Not exactly answering the question but...

Doesn't Commencal offer the A la Cart option? I've seen it on the US site. Couldn't you just spec it part by part how you want it? I have no idea if that will add a lot of cost but worth a shot. I've never dealt with Commencal customer service but some vendors I've worked with have been awesome about customization if you get them on the phone.

Yeah they do but unless you're willing to spec/buy some of your component used (like the fork) then it will end up being way more expensive even using a la cart. I just dont have the time being a dad etc. to research multiple parts. Call it a cop out lol. Maybe Ill reconsider if I can get a yari or something similar for a good price used?

Posted: Jul 16, 2020 at 13:12 Quote
Cspringsrider wrote:
The 29r wheel will fit the question is what tire size will fit. I imagine a 2.25-2.4 will fit anything past that is luck

Thanks for that. I was thinking the same and my 29er wheel set is 2.4 already so I 'think' I should be ok.
I just can't turn down a wider wheel set on the 27.5 bike if the fork can still take a 29er wheel.
Plus for rough trails who wants a borderline skinny wheel set on a hard tail?
So if I do put on the 29ers it will be for xc stuff.

Posted: Jul 16, 2020 at 13:47 Quote
tomhoward379 wrote:
Ive a bike that came with 27.5x3 tyres and a Pike, its now much better for running 29x2.5 F&R.
edited having re read the op

Im 6ft tall but I find 29ers only good for plowing and speed. That's what my full sus 29er is for. I feel an HT is meant for goofing around and just having fun but I know everyone is different.

What type of trails do you ride with that 29er wheel set? Roudy or more xc?

Posted: Jul 16, 2020 at 14:16 Quote
Oh it’s an FS ebike. Tbh the wheel diameter didn’t bother me so much as the plus tires, which I hated, so if I wanted regular tires, I had to go to 29” to keep the bb height reasonable.

Ride it everywhere really, whenever I’m injured or just want to get a quick but still decent ride in.

Posted: Jul 16, 2020 at 15:52 Quote
Thanks everyone for your input.
Im gonna go with the 27.5 and cross my fingers. Either way I'll be happy.

Posted: Jul 16, 2020 at 22:22 Quote
Ya happiness is what its about. Good luck!

Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 12:14 Quote
Just removed 2.8 27.5 from my 27.5 yari. (Also an ebike)
Replaced with minion 2.5 29..loads of space

Posted: Oct 24, 2020 at 12:56 Quote
darklord wrote:
Just removed 2.8 27.5 from my 27.5 yari. (Also an ebike)
Replaced with minion 2.5 29..loads of space

Was this a 27.5+ yari or a regular 27.5?

I am also interested in this, i would like to lower my 27.5 yari (because of a big scratch on the stanchion in the first 30mm of travel) and use it with a 29x 2.25 tire on a xc bike with travel lowered to 120.

I currently dont have a 29 front wheel with a 2.25 tire so i cant try it. Any similar experience?

ps: my yari is a regular 27.5 boost, not plus

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007993
Mobile Version of Website