NX/GX rear mech?

PB Forum :: SRAM
NX/GX rear mech?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 16, 2020 at 16:18 Quote
Hi! Looking for some user feedback. I am currently riding a 2019 full susp with 1x NX drivetrain. No issues with it, but see a lot of good, bad and ugly being said about that line. Is the GX line thatamuch better? Would I benefit from upgrading to GX, or should I consider going a step higher? I am NOT a basher, speed demon, or jumper.... just an old man that enjoys riding most everything and wants things to work good. Thanks for any assistance! Ron

Posted: Jul 18, 2020 at 19:32 Quote
The big differences are the materials are better quality and the feel of the shifts. I wouldn't go to x01 or xx1 unless you care about shaving weight or need the best level shifting from sram.

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
If the NX rear mech is fine, keep it until you have to replace it (if it gets play or you destroy it). Consider replacing the shifter with a GX. It's a pretty cheap upgrade and the alloy levers feel so much better than the plastic NX. The NX shifter feels cheap. I mean, it works fine, but it's a night and day difference in feel. The X01 shifter gets you adjustable levers (plus you can swap out for a PNW shifty lever to match a loam lever), but it costs nearly 3x the GX. My dropper lever is oneup, so I wasn't tempted by the matchy matchy since they don't make a shifter lever (yet).

I'm running an NX cassette despite the weight (167 gr more than gx iirc) because it is a wear part and it isn't worth it for me. I'm on an alloy frame and that 167gr is basically a rounding error. 11 tooth is fine (10 tooth isn't gonna buy me much) and I don't feel like spending an extra $70 on a hub driver plus a new GX cassette.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004393
Mobile Version of Website