NX or GX or?

• Next Page
Posted: Jul 18, 2020 at 9:26 Quote
Think of it like this as well, the total cost of a GX, NX and SX drivetrain in total is around half the cost of XX1 alone and yet the improvement is about 10-15% at best in shifting performance.

Are you telling me XX1 is worth double the cost of the next 3 lower tier drivetrains combined?

It's a joke. I've owned XTR and XX1 eagle in tbe past but as I've grown up and matured I realised how dumb it is just so you can brag to yourself about having the latest and greatest, you are paying 6 x the cost for that 30 minute thrill you get when you first open it, after then you wonder why you don't just run SLX or XT.

O+
Posted: Jul 18, 2020 at 12:21 Quote
RonB wrote:
Thanks for all the responses and comments! I will be keeping the NX installed until wear and tear forces a change. It is working good now. It is on a Giant Trance Advanced Pro 2. My Son bought a Cannondale Habit 5 just a week or 2 before I bought my bike this year, his bike also has the NX drivetrain, and he has had nothing but issues with his shifting, unlike what I am experiencing. He has a new GX derailleur ready to one his, but in all reality, I think it is his hanger that is bending causing the problems. We're going to try an "aftermarket" hanger on his also.thanks again for the help! Ron

Good luck, Ron. GX was fine but incredibly finicky. I'm sure NX, like the entire Eagle line, functions interchangeably. Start with the derailleur hanger and a new derailleur. If either is bent in the slightest, it's a problem. If you're adjusting the mech yourself, invest in your sanity and get the sram alignment tool. I abandoned sram eagle GX because of this. Very happy with XT.

Posted: Jul 19, 2020 at 4:17 Quote
Biggest difference is weight. NX is portly. You also get a bit more precision and maybe some longevity. Look up YouTube reviews. I think GX is the best value, not that much more expensive than NX but a big weight savings. Once you get into X carbon kits the dollars/lb get ridiculous.

If you’re looking to upgrade start with the 1) cassette and then 2) cranks. That’s where the weight is.

Posted: Jul 19, 2020 at 12:35 Quote
I have 2019 NX 1x12 on my 18' giant reign and I have bashed it and straightened it out many times I'm hard on it but I also clean and lubricate frequently. It isn't the smoothest or even very reliable but it works! I am considering Advent X by Microshift 260 bucks for a 1x10 with almost same range as eagle?

Posted: Jul 19, 2020 at 12:43 Quote
I am using xt on one bike and a mixture of sram nx/gx on a another with a sunrace cassette.
Both systems work, both have merits. I like them both and small unique features of both models work well.
The NX derailleur will be swopped in time with an XO which I picked up for cheap. I will also into an 11-50 11 speed cassette. Everyone I know has alignment issues with their 12 speed setups.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010889
Mobile Version of Website