Quiver killer help!

• Previous Page
Posted: Jul 17, 2020 at 20:42 Quote
Trying to hunt down that one bike to do it all.
I do a lot of different riding, from rough and technical xc to full on enduro, with a couple bike park days thrown in the mix.
I have tried the orbea occam and the ripmo. Neither really did it for me. The occam never felt dialed to me, and while the ripmo felt very comfortable fit wise, I found it a bit too Cadillac like for my tastes.
Would love some suggestions for efficient trail bikes in the 130-140mm travel range.

Budget is around 4500-5000 dollars, and happy to shop used

Thanks!

Posted: Jul 18, 2020 at 5:13 Quote
Like was already said, the druid would be a great option. The SB 130 seems like the ideal bike for you, although it is a bit over budget. I would also check out the ibis ripley.

Edit: Check out the Norco Optic. That might be perfect for you. Another option is the Trek Fuel EX

Posted: Jul 18, 2020 at 5:37 Quote

I looked at the Hightower and rode a buddies. Felt super muted/ point and shoot. Even more cumbersome than the ripmo. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Posted: Jul 18, 2020 at 5:40 Quote
ski-n-bike-da-east wrote:
Like was already said, the druid would be a great option. The SB 130 seems like the ideal bike for you, although it is a bit over budget. I would also check out the ibis ripley.

Edit: Check out the Norco Optic. That might be perfect for you. Another option is the Trek Fuel EX

One of my friends has a sb130 and I love it, but find it a little tricky in tight slow stuff. That’s a bike that loves to go fast.
Another friend has a ripley v4 overworked to 140mm... absolutely love that bike!! It’s just that 120mm of dw link in the back hits it’s limits really quick on the bigger stuff. I think ibis needs to make a bike in between the ripmo and ripley. I’d probably get one in a heartbeat.

I’ll have to check out the optic though!

Posted: Jul 18, 2020 at 5:40 Quote
Jake1524 wrote:

I looked at the Hightower and rode a buddies. Felt super muted/ point and shoot. Even more cumbersome than the ripmo. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Had the same experience. I like my bikes lively and poppy for the twisties. Went with the new 5010 and couldn’t be happier. Plenty of travel for what I need and with the new lower VPP it feels like a lot more than 130mm when you need the travel, and you’re not overbiked when you don’t need it. And with the new lower slacker geometry you can bomb the DH no problem and still manual down rock gardens. It’s a blast.

Posted: Jul 18, 2020 at 5:41 Quote
Thanks man, I’ll have to check this out!

Posted: Jul 18, 2020 at 5:43 Quote
Norecoil wrote:
Jake1524 wrote:

Had the same experience. I like my bikes lively and poppy. Went with the new 5010 and couldn’t be happier. Plenty of travel for what I need and with the new lower VPP it feels like a lot more than 130.
I like them lively and poppy too, but I also really like 29ers... maybe I’m asking too much haha.
The occam was so close, but I really fell in between the sizes. The medium was very cramped, and the large felt too big even with a short stem.

Posted: Jul 18, 2020 at 5:44 Quote
Jake1524 wrote:
Norecoil wrote:
Jake1524 wrote:

Had the same experience. I like my bikes lively and poppy. Went with the new 5010 and couldn’t be happier. Plenty of travel for what I need and with the new lower VPP it feels like a lot more than 130.
I like them lively and poppy too, but I also really like 29ers... maybe I’m asking too much haha.
The occam was so close, but I really fell in between the sizes. The medium was very cramped, and the large felt too big even with a short stem.

If you like 29ers is a Tallboy in your future? Check out the YouTube reviews. Basically a 29er 5010.

Posted: Jul 18, 2020 at 5:46 Quote
Norecoil wrote:
Jake1524 wrote:
Norecoil wrote:

If you like 29ers is a Tallboy in your future? Check out the YouTube reviews. Basically a 29er 5010.
Had one and sold it a couple months ago! Haha

Posted: Jul 18, 2020 at 5:48 Quote
Jake1524 wrote:
Norecoil wrote:
Jake1524 wrote:

Hilarious. Why did you sell it?

Posted: Jul 18, 2020 at 5:51 Quote
Norecoil wrote:
Jake1524 wrote:
Norecoil wrote:

Hilarious. Why did you sell it?
Stupid low bottom bracket for where I ride, as well as just feeling underbiked at times.
Believe it or not I find the ripmo more manageable in tight stuff.. it’s just got this boat like feel that I cannot stand in a trail bike

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009001
Mobile Version of Website