Quiver killer help!

Posted: Jul 18, 2020 at 8:09 Quote
Jake1524 wrote:

I looked at the Hightower and rode a buddies. Felt super muted/ point and shoot. Even more cumbersome than the ripmo. Thanks for the suggestion though!

I find the Hightower incredibly poppy and playful. Guess it's what your used too as my main bike is a Megatower and was riding a heavy Remedy and Aurum previously..

Jake1524 wrote:
Thanks man, I’ll have to check this out!

If you find the lower link vpp hightower muted you almost surely will not enjoy the Trifecta high pivot of the Druid. Feels like a mini dh bike.

Jake1524 wrote:
Norecoil wrote:
Had the same experience. I like my bikes lively and poppy. Went with the new 5010 and couldn’t be happier. Plenty of travel for what I need and with the new lower VPP it feels like a lot more than 130.
I like them lively and poppy too, but I also really like 29ers... maybe I’m asking too much haha.

You might be asking too much. If you want a bike that can handle burly enduro and bike park there will have to be some compromise somewhere.
The previous gen Hightower sounds like it may have been the perfect bike for you.

Posted: Jul 18, 2020 at 23:19 Quote
Pivot switchblade seems right in your wheelhouse. Xt build is 5500.

Posted: Jul 19, 2020 at 0:05 Quote
bought a remedy 8 2020 cheap and changed tyres/tires etc and trimmed bars a bit, after riding 29ers mostly i absolutely love the remedy, so much fun

Posted: Jul 19, 2020 at 2:28 Quote
friendlyfoe wrote:
Pivot switchblade seems right in your wheelhouse. Xt build is 5500.

I haven't ridden either the Switchblade or Ripmo, but they use the same DW suspension design. The Switchblade is tuned to ride higher and the shock is more progressive. Sounds like what you're looking for.

Posted: Jul 19, 2020 at 6:01 Quote
Does anyone have an experience with intense bikes... specifically the primer?

The switchblade looks cool, but very similar to the ripmo.

Posted: Jul 19, 2020 at 7:55 Quote
I have a tracer and have ridden the primer. Very comfortable bike. I’m usually in between sizes but the larger fits me quite well. I love the JS linkage. It feels quite bottomless. Intense also literally have the best customer service of any company I have dealt with to date. Which is a big plus in my book. They also offer sniper T but I have yet to ride it.

Posted: Jul 19, 2020 at 10:12 Quote
Revel Rascal. CBF suspension destroys all.

Posted: Jul 20, 2020 at 0:01 Quote
Hardcore hardtail.

Posted: Jul 20, 2020 at 6:03 Quote
Ripmo v2 has a really low bb.... just a fyi.... hate low bb’s

Posted: Jul 25, 2020 at 21:29 Quote
Thanks for all the suggestions guy!

I was dead set on a 29 as that’s what I’ve ridden for the last couple years. Spent a little time on my buddies 27.5 and it’s got me rethinking things a little bit...

Posted: Jul 26, 2020 at 0:25 Quote
Because 27.5 is better? Of course it is.

Posted: Jul 26, 2020 at 2:14 Quote
Since you don't actually know what ya want.....A clean, used, 2015-ish 6" trail bike.

Should cut your budget by about 70%, and if it needs a few new bits, then there's no concern. More bucks to enjoy with the other half, save for bills, etc.

If it sucks, recover 95% of what you paid, and try again.

Posted: Jul 26, 2020 at 3:15 Quote
I am surprised, having owned both a Ripmo, Ripmo AF and Tallboy 3 and Tallboy 4. I had much more pedal strike on the Ripmo than TB4.
The TB4 was a great trail bike. Rode everything from xc to Enduro lines on it. Just sold it to get a more XC bike due to moving to a place with less techy trails.
For me the Tallboy was the bike I grabbed mlst of the times with the Ripmo collecting dust.

Posted: Jul 26, 2020 at 17:42 Quote
Jake1524 wrote:
Thanks for all the suggestions guy!

I was dead set on a 29 as that’s what I’ve ridden for the last couple years. Spent a little time on my buddies 27.5 and it’s got me rethinking things a little bit...

I've had a yeti sb6 for a couple of years now. Every time I get the new bike itch I watch videos of richie rude on one and realize I'm the one holding the bike back, not the other way around.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv23 0.005984
Mobile Version of Website