New ZEB Issues

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
New ZEB Issues
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Jul 21, 2020 at 11:28 Quote
My shop got a ZEB in for a customer right after it came out and we got it out of the box installed it and it has a knock about halfway through the travel. Anyone else have come across this? It feels to be in the air spring side of the fork

O+
Posted: Jul 22, 2020 at 16:27 Quote
I’ve been riding my zeb for about a week and it’s super smooth and no sounds.

Posted: Jul 23, 2020 at 8:04 Quote
My ZEB has been fine. It's a pretty nice fork.

http://www.peterverdone.com/warbird-update/

Posted: Jul 24, 2020 at 5:39 Quote
Just installed a ZEB select yesterday. The select uses the Charger RC damper. When adjusting compression there is no noticeable difference in stiffness. Anyone else run into this?

O+
Posted: Jul 24, 2020 at 8:06 Quote
seagullscycles wrote:
Just installed a ZEB select yesterday. The select uses the Charger RC damper. When adjusting compression there is no noticeable difference in stiffness. Anyone else run into this?

Stiffness how? In the dampening? Are you saying the dampener isn’t working?
The fork is more torsionally stiff in that when you turn there is is less give than the lyric.

Posted: Jul 24, 2020 at 8:35 Quote
Petiloi wrote:
seagullscycles wrote:

Stiffness how? In the dampening? Are you saying the dampener isn’t working?
The fork is more torsionally stiff in that when you turn there is is less give than the lyric.

Yes no noticeable stiffness with the lowspeed compression damping

O+
Posted: Jul 24, 2020 at 8:53 Quote
I have the ultimate and both the low and high speed compression dampening circuits work perfectly. Might be best to speak to your LBS or site it was purchased from.

O+
Posted: Jul 24, 2020 at 9:34 Quote
I have the RC charger damper as well, I didn't feel the low speed damping was doing anything until I ran some flat ground brake tests to check the dive. No Compression about 60%-70% travel on dive with 30% sag, with full compression ended up with about 40-50% dive.

Thats my 2 cents.

Posted: Jul 24, 2020 at 11:20 Quote
pvd666 wrote:
My ZEB has been fine. It's a pretty nice fork.

http://www.peterverdone.com/warbird-update/

Get out of here with your click bait bullshit.

Posted: Jul 24, 2020 at 12:07 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Get...

You are not contributing to this discussion.

Posted: Jul 26, 2020 at 3:02 Quote
Is anyone experiencing issues with excessive diving? My Zeb seems to go through the midstroke a lot more than my Lyrik.

Adding more tokens only seems to affect end stroke with little effect on midstroke.

Posted: Feb 17, 2021 at 2:25 Quote
undercoverfreak wrote:
Is anyone experiencing issues with excessive diving? My Zeb seems to go through the midstroke a lot more than my Lyrik.

Adding more tokens only seems to affect end stroke with little effect on midstroke.
Welcome to rockshox, buddy. Try adding more air, remove a token and add lsc

Posted: Mar 8, 2021 at 8:40 Quote
Petiloi wrote:
I have the ultimate and both the low and high speed compression dampening circuits work perfectly. Might be best to speak to your LBS or site it was purchased from.

Is there any way for you to confirm what you mean by "work perfectly"? I'm just curious because my last Fox 36 Grip 1 damper with the compression cranked all the way down pretty much locked out the fork (heck, halfway down it was almost locked) and I can feel no discernible difference in both the high speed and low speed compression on my Zeb. I'm curious if the damper is no good from the factory and I need to reach out to have it fixed or if 10 clicks of compression on rockshox = 1 click on Fox.

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 5:57 Quote
austin-moses wrote:
Petiloi wrote:

Is there any way for you to confirm what you mean by "work perfectly"? I'm just curious because my last Fox 36 Grip 1 damper with the compression cranked all the way down pretty much locked out the fork (heck, halfway down it was almost locked) and I can feel no discernible difference in both the high speed and low speed compression on my Zeb. I'm curious if the damper is no good from the factory and I need to reach out to have it fixed or if 10 clicks of compression on rockshox = 1 click on Fox.

I'm trying to get to the bottom of why my fork (Zeb ultimate 160mm) is a bit shit (compared to an ohllins rxf 36 coil). I'm having the following issues:

• Pressure is at least 5psi off for my weight (setup with 1 token): Actual pressure/weight/sag - 65psi/80kg/16% Recommended pressure/weight/sag 70psi/80kg/20%

• They are very fast, I have rebound set 2 or 3 clicks from the slowest (and it’s still semi-fast), Rockshox setting for my weight is 8 clicks from slowest.

• HSC damping has no or very little effect. I've ridden with it fully on and not noticed.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011002
Mobile Version of Website