Help Save A Process

PB Forum :: Kona
Help Save A Process
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 25, 2020 at 16:05 Quote
My dear bike needs a transplant. I'm hoping someone here has a damaged/scrap Process 111 or 134 that I may acquire a link from.

Specifically, I've damaged that carbon-bridged link on my Process 111 and it is no longer available from Kona. I've also reached out to 4 carbon repair shops who all say that they cannot repair the link. Any help or recommendations appreciated!

....its gotten worse since this pic was taken Frown

Posted: Aug 1, 2020 at 11:59 Quote
How did it brake ? Interested because I have a process 111 and I’m surprised Kona have no parts !

Posted: Aug 4, 2020 at 7:47 Quote
BusterM wrote:
My dear bike needs a transplant. I'm hoping someone here has a damaged/scrap Process 111 or 134 that I may acquire a link from.

Specifically, I've damaged that carbon-bridged link on my Process 111 and it is no longer available from Kona. I've also reached out to 4 carbon repair shops who all say that they cannot repair the link. Any help or recommendations appreciated!

....its gotten worse since this pic was taken Frown

Maybe take it to a machine shop and ask them to make an alloy link? Make sure you add a custom decal that states "THIS BRIDGE IS MADE OF ALLOY"

Posted: Aug 7, 2020 at 9:50 Quote
Haha! Yeah I wish Cascade Components made something for it....

Posted: Aug 7, 2020 at 9:57 Quote
BusterM wrote:
Haha! Yeah I wish Cascade Components made something for it....

3D print shop?

Posted: Aug 7, 2020 at 10:01 Quote
konabigshed wrote:
How did it brake ? Interested because I have a process 111 and I’m surprised Kona have no parts !

It may make a difference that I'm a second owner, but the guy I was in touch with at Kona seemed to have been trying to find a part for me.

As far as how it broke, I really don't know. I noticed it cleaning one day. Based on the way it broke outward, initially I thought it was due to a rock being between the top of the link and the seat tube on a compression?

Posted: Aug 7, 2020 at 10:18 Quote
Maybe post a WTB ad for a broken P111 frame? I wonder if the link is the same or similar enough from other model years of the 111 & 134 range. 167, 165, & 153 would prob. be to drastic... but I'm no enginerd...

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006334
Mobile Version of Website