Old furious (2009) coil shock options

PB Forum :: Commencal
Old furious (2009) coil shock options
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 26, 2020 at 8:36 Quote
hi all, i have a dhx air 5.0 shock on my old furious and wondered if anyone could let me know coil shocks that would work on it?
i found out its a 8.75 eye to eye and 2.75 stroke..but the difficulty is the hole in the frame that the piggyback needs to fit through, so im unsure whether all shocks of that specification would fit

can anyone feedback on shocks they may have used and know work on it?
thanks

Posted: Jan 9, 2021 at 14:49 Quote
Did you ever sort a shock out for the furious..?
I have one to and it has the marzocchi roco r which I cant seem to get rebuilt anywhere. Also there is a part broken on it. My furious is 2008.
At the moment I have a fox Air shock in mine and it works pretty well for what I use the bike for.
I'm going to restore the bike next year so would like a coil shock back in it but like you say there a nightmare to find.

I did see a fox coil on ebay last week was 216 eye to eye it looked about the same size as the roco. The roco was the shock that came on the bikes back then, and mine measures 90mm thats the width of it from the piggy back so I'm assuming a shock of that size wouldn't hit the frame

Posted: Jan 12, 2021 at 18:35 Quote
I havnt touched that bike to be honest, I was looking at getting a roco shock off ebay if I ever find one cheap.
So sorry, no news on that yet!

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004380
Mobile Version of Website