2 x upgrade

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 27, 2020 at 5:59 Quote
Hi

I currently run a 2x on my bike (must of been one of the last bikes to come out with it)

It shifts and runs beautiful, other than being noisy with chain slap.

Would you say its worth the upgrade? Have ridden other hikes with 1 x so understand the benefits, but if theres nothing wrong why change?

Posted: Jul 27, 2020 at 13:08 Quote
Throw a neoprene chainstay protector on to silence chain slap, run 2x until it wears out then go 1x. Smile

Posted: Jul 27, 2020 at 14:15 Quote
Who has said that 1x systems have no chain slap?
No-one I know.

Posted: Jul 27, 2020 at 22:55 Quote
wickedfatchance wrote:
Who has said that 1x systems have no chain slap?
No-one I know.

Not me and no one I know either but wouldn't a chainstay protector silence chain slap on a 1x drivetrain too?

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 1:18 Quote
I have got a decent chain stay protector on it, its more then nouse of the chain bouncing on the front cogs?

Any solution to fix this other than a chain guide? Heard they add resistance when pedalling.

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 1:36 Quote
My old mtb with 3x had a factory fitted rubber chainstay protector and never found the noise was bad enough from the chainrings to warrant other solutions to be honest.

Same with my 1x drivetrain, always been happy with only a chainstay protector to keep things quiet and never even used the clutch on my SLX rear mech.

A chain guide will obviously add a little extra friction but don't imagine enough that you'd notice it when riding. Can't think of any other options and chain guides aren't expensive so reckon it's worth a try.

Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 8:20 Quote
Awesome thank you! Will pick one up and give it a try.

Posted: Sep 9, 2020 at 5:36 Quote
Gave up messing around without, when 1 x 11, works a dream now ????????

Posted: Sep 9, 2020 at 6:05 Quote
Cool Pal! Cool Who needs all the hassle of front shifting when 1x is so good. Perfect solution. Happy riding Buddy. Beer

Posted: Sep 12, 2020 at 12:04 Quote
First ride today. Got a flat 1 turn in. End of day. ????????

Posted: Sep 13, 2020 at 12:10 Quote
There's never a good time to have a puncture but that is the worse time to get one. Hard luck Pal. Madder It's out of the way now and won't happen again for ages? tup

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004947
Mobile Version of Website