Santa Cruz shipping

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz shipping
Posted: Aug 19, 2020 at 14:56 Quote
I called my shop today and they said that their timeline was going to be October to get bikes in. Very disappointing, I am considering canceling out the order and getting a yeti or something different because they said they only are waiting for Santa’s.

Posted: Aug 20, 2020 at 4:12 Quote
ryan-az wrote:
I called my shop today and they said that their timeline was going to be October to get bikes in. Very disappointing, I am considering canceling out the order and getting a yeti or something different because they said they only are waiting for Santa’s.

That’s what I did... although I grabbed a 2020 Tallboy C that was still sitting at my shop since they said it would be Nov./Dec. before it arrived. They did say they have had a few trickle in, but they had 30 orders ahead of me.

Posted: Aug 20, 2020 at 7:30 Quote
It sounds like you made the smart decision there.

O+
Posted: Aug 20, 2020 at 15:54 Quote
Greetings all,
On July 21st, I ordered the 2020 Megatower Medium CC X01 Reserve In Matte Black and upgraded to the 2021 Fox 38 Float Factory 170mm fork. My SCBD told me it would be 3 weeks. On August 1st, I checked the SC website and the new colors for the 2021 Megatower were shown as well as new build specs. They told me my bike had still not shipped but was going to by the 7th of August. I told them to cancel the 2020 CC X01 and ordered the 2021 CC X01 Coil which now came standard with the 2021 Fox 38 Float Factory 170mm fork. Problem now is delivery like everyone else, November 30th ship date. He also told me my CC was the only custom order at this time out of 34 bikes he had ordered. Santa Cruz told him that they hired 25 new assemblers and are now in training as of this week. This could improve delivery’s by two to three weeks but the $53 million in back orders is a big order to fill. I am lucky I still have my Specialized Stumpjumper Pro to ride until I get my Christmas present. That is the latest as of 10 minutes ago. Good luck all and stay safe out there.

Update, new ship date February 22, 2020

O+
Posted: Aug 20, 2020 at 18:03 Quote
M1kolai wrote:
ryan-az wrote:

That’s what I did... although I grabbed a 2020 Tallboy C that was still sitting at my shop since they said it would be Nov./Dec. before it arrived. They did say they have had a few trickle in, but they had 30 orders ahead of me.

Did the same. Was told my bike wouldn't come in for several months. Ended up just getting the next kit up that the bike shop happened to have in stock.

Posted: Aug 21, 2020 at 10:13 Quote
I was looking at that my shop has a white s build in stock. But I have a special NICA discount that has to be orderd. It really is a shame Santa Cruz is taking so long. You made the right decision pull the trigger on a model in stock

Posted: Aug 27, 2020 at 10:23 Quote
The way they're shipping specific bikes seems inconsistent to others. I ordered a Tallboy C in late May from a LBS and was riding the bike 3 weeks later.

And just last week I warrantied my Nomad directly through the SC website, and was told my replacement frame would be delivered in 3-6 weeks. That 3-6 week estimate came directly from someone at SC last week, but that was before the fires up there so I'm now expecting a delay.

The shock for the new frame was sent out the day after I spoke with the warrantee rep and was received a few days ago.

Posted: Aug 27, 2020 at 11:39 Quote
I definitely think that the wildfires will put a delay on their shipping dates sadly.

Posted: Aug 27, 2020 at 12:36 Quote
My bike shipped out yesterday! I ordered it in the beginning of may

Posted: Aug 27, 2020 at 14:28 Quote
Hahahahaha. You lucky son of a gun. I ordered mine September 13th and they said begging of October at the earliest

O+
Posted: Aug 27, 2020 at 14:45 Quote
Ordered a 5010 V4 July 15, took delivery of it yesterday. The initial shipping estimate was last week of August so it was pretty much spot on.

Posted: Aug 27, 2020 at 20:05 Quote
ryan-az wrote:
Hahahahaha. You lucky son of a gun. I ordered mine September 13th and they said begging of October at the earliest

Eh? It's not Sept yet? I am confused. Haha

Posted: Aug 27, 2020 at 20:17 Quote
Hahaha sorry talking to my future self there. I orderd mien June 13th and was told 3 weeks originally then October at earliest

Posted: Aug 28, 2020 at 5:08 Quote
I understand. Trying to wish the days away so the bike will be here sooner. LOL

Posted: Aug 28, 2020 at 7:54 Quote
Hahahaha. I’m looking forward to the day

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.164514
Mobile Version of Website