Santa Cruz shipping

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz shipping
Posted: Sep 28, 2020 at 21:39 Quote
Ordered my 2021 Storm Grey XL Megatower X01 build on August 11. It was supposed to ship October 1st. Just talked with the shop today and the SC B2B site is saying it will ship any day between December 15 2020 to January 15 2021. I know its been a crazy year especially with the fires down there. Obviously that window could be pushed further along the timeline at any point. Figured I would make a post in here for anyone else that is waiting on a megatower. Really regretting selling my old bike before ordering hahaha.

Posted: Sep 29, 2020 at 15:06 Quote
iamtrashman wrote:
Ordered my 2021 Storm Grey XL Megatower X01 build on August 11. It was supposed to ship October 1st. Just talked with the shop today and the SC B2B site is saying it will ship any day between December 15 2020 to January 15 2021. I know its been a crazy year especially with the fires down there. Obviously that window could be pushed further along the timeline at any point. Figured I would make a post in here for anyone else that is waiting on a megatower. Really regretting selling my old bike before ordering hahaha.

yikes...I ordered before that (8/3 for Hightower XL CC XX1/AXS) and the shop last said 10/19...ugh. If it's December, I will have to spend more money on my current bike and it will be harder to hide the AXS dropper, Megneg, new toolset, pedals, ride wrap, revgrips, and Garmin from the wife...I have a very hard life.

Posted: Oct 2, 2020 at 11:12 Quote
A lot of the issues are also due to lack of components, those are a big factor.

Posted: Oct 3, 2020 at 10:27 Quote
sandiegotrent wrote:
iamtrashman wrote:

yikes...I ordered before that (8/3 for Hightower XL CC XX1/AXS) and the shop last said 10/19...ugh. If it's December, I will have to spend more money on my current bike and it will be harder to hide the AXS dropper, Megneg, new toolset, pedals, ride wrap, revgrips, and Garmin from the wife...I have a very hard life.

Called the shop again yesterday. Date hasn't changed. 10/19 estimated ship from SC to shop (in AZ).

Posted: Oct 3, 2020 at 19:27 Quote
guy a rode with today ordered a HT recently. They told him Feb! Whew, glad I am not in the market.

Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 9:14 Quote
sandiegotrent wrote:
sandiegotrent wrote:
iamtrashman wrote:

Called the shop again yesterday. Date hasn't changed. 10/19 estimated ship from SC to shop (in AZ).

FYI for anyone following this, my HT was delayed a week (for now). New ship date from SC to the shop 10/26. Only 7 days of extra torture.

Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 21:52 Quote
Update:

2021 XL X01 Megatower in Storm Grey has been delayed again.

I had heard mid December to mid January a few weeks ago from the shop I ordered through, I imagine they have either done the thing where the bike shop lies about how long the wait is or it hadn't been delayed further at that point.

I just got a reply from someone at SC from an email I had sent late August, he said sorry for the massive delay in response but that my bike looks to be shipping in March 2021.

That is 8 months out from the day I put the deposit on the bike (which was placed within a week of the new colour ways debuting).

Crushing news honestly. I sold my old bike before ordering, been without a bike since August 3

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 4:56 Quote
Wow! I ordered a Tallboy mid September and was told mid February for delivery. Talked to my shop the other day and they said the Tallboys were sold out of 2021? Luckily I still have a Marin Rift Zone 2 to ride while I wait. Now if I can just get off this Covid quarantine and ride again I would be happy. Not getting released from that till 10/30 midnight.

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 19:26 Quote
A few weeks back I talked to my LBS about ordering a new Bronson. I was told that Santa Cruz is not taking any new orders for 2021 Bronsons, as they are at capacity and not manufacturing anymore for the year period.

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 19:44 Quote
Sounds like it will be a good time to sell a nice used late model SC, but then you have to not ride or buy something else. Haha ok, maybe not a good idea. Haha

Will boost used values though! Not that they needed a lot of help anyway. Folks are proud of them.

Posted: Oct 21, 2020 at 19:16 Quote
bob-oso wrote:
A few weeks back I talked to my LBS about ordering a new Bronson. I was told that Santa Cruz is not taking any new orders for 2021 Bronsons, as they are at capacity and not manufacturing anymore for the year period.

Yikes, I wanted to get a Bronson next year Frown

Posted: Oct 21, 2020 at 20:01 Quote
iamtrashman wrote:
Update:

I had heard mid December to mid January a few weeks ago from the shop I ordered through, I imagine they have either done the thing where the bike shop lies about how long the wait is or it hadn't been delayed further at that point.

I just got a reply from someone at SC from an email I had sent late August, he said sorry for the massive delay in response but that my bike looks to be shipping in March 2021.

That is 8 months out from the day I put the deposit on the bike (which was placed within a week of the new colour ways debuting).

Crushing news honestly. I sold my old bike before ordering, been without a bike since August 3

I had placed an order for the exact bike (size, color, spec + reserve) on 7/26. Paid in full 7/29. Upgraded to xx1 axs on 8/3. Initial SC ship from factory to shop was 10/19. Last week, that was changed to 10/26. I winder if it's good that it was only a week, or next week, will they tell me March. I'm sick about it. I have my 2016 Bronson, but it needs work. Trying not to put too much into it because I already dropped the farm on bike + upgrades.

I know these are first world problems... but I don't like 'em!

Posted: Oct 21, 2020 at 22:24 Quote
sandiegotrent wrote:
iamtrashman wrote:
Update:

I had placed an order for the exact bike (size, color, spec + reserve) on 7/26. Paid in full 7/29. Upgraded to xx1 axs on 8/3. Initial SC ship from factory to shop was 10/19. Last week, that was changed to 10/26. I winder if it's good that it was only a week, or next week, will they tell me March. I'm sick about it. I have my 2016 Bronson, but it needs work. Trying not to put too much into it because I already dropped the farm on bike + upgrades.

How did you order the new build specs before they were announced?

They officially debuted them August 4th, but I guess people at the shop would know preorders were about to be available. Fingers crossed for you, I would love to have a bike to ride in the mean time.

Posted: Oct 21, 2020 at 22:55 Quote
iamtrashman wrote:
sandiegotrent wrote:
iamtrashman wrote:
Update:

How did you order the new build specs before they were announced?

They officially debuted them August 4th, but I guess people at the shop would know preorders were about to be available. Fingers crossed for you, I would love to have a bike to ride in the mean time.

I did not have any advance knowledge. I thought it was earlier. I'm terrible at keeping up with the news of dates, etc. I have screenshots from around July 25 from both SC and Mike"s bikes of the 2021 models. I was shopping and had texted friends, including for the order. Didn't seem to be any secrets. Maybe got lucky.

I hope they under-promise and over-deliver for you and others. I know it's been tough to keep up. But they are huge.

Posted: Oct 22, 2020 at 0:00 Quote
Wasn't implying any secrets! Was just curious. I know shops will often let good customers know when a new bike is about to come out, sounds like you nailed the timing as well as possible.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007507
Mobile Version of Website