Santa Cruz shipping

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz shipping
Posted: Oct 26, 2020 at 20:41 Quote
I ordered XL HT CS late august. Original date was end of sept. Then end of October. Now being told March. Apparently no longer taking orders but what is in the system is apparently guaranteed to be shipped by end of March.

Fun times.

Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 6:01 Quote
iamtrashman wrote:
sandiegotrent wrote:
iamtrashman wrote:
Update:

2021 XL X01 Megatower in Storm Grey has been delayed again.

I had heard mid December to mid January a few weeks ago from the shop I ordered through, I imagine they have either done the thing where the bike shop lies about how long the wait is or it hadn't been delayed further at that point.

I just got a reply from someone at SC from an email I had sent late August, he said sorry for the massive delay in response but that my bike looks to be shipping in March 2021.

That is 8 months out from the day I put the deposit on the bike (which was placed within a week of the new colour ways debuting).

Crushing news honestly. I sold my old bike before ordering, been without a bike since August 3

I had placed an order for the exact bike (size, color, spec + reserve) on 7/26. Paid in full 7/29. Upgraded to xx1 axs on 8/3. Initial SC ship from factory to shop was 10/19. Last week, that was changed to 10/26. I winder if it's good that it was only a week, or next week, will they tell me March. I'm sick about it. I have my 2016 Bronson, but it needs work. Trying not to put too much into it because I already dropped the farm on bike + upgrades.

I know these are first world problems... but I don't like 'em!

How did you order the new build specs before they were announced?

They officially debuted them August 4th, but I guess people at the shop would know preorders were about to be available. Fingers crossed for you, I would love to have a bike to ride in the mean time.

Update: my HT made it to the shop in AZ yesterday, 10/26! They have to partially assemble and then ship to me in CA. I'm like a kid at Xmas.

HIGHTOWER CC XX1 AXS RESERVE Smoke Gray Size XL

Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 6:51 Quote
If you don’t mind me asking which shop did you order it from?

Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 20:08 Quote
ryan-az wrote:
If you don’t mind me asking which shop did you order it from?

https://www.sonorancycles.com/
Want to hear something funny? Not even sure which location. Was all done via phone.

Posted: Nov 1, 2020 at 20:52 Quote
photo

photo

photo

photo

Happy to report she came with XX1 cranks. She fully met expectations on the maiden voyage today. Fork needs a bit of tuning. I will wait a bit before adding the megneg to the shock, just to have some comparison.

O+
Posted: Nov 6, 2020 at 15:57 Quote
sandiegotrent wrote:
photo

photo

photo

photo

Happy to report she came with XX1 cranks. She fully met expectations on the maiden voyage today. Fork needs a bit of tuning. I will wait a bit before adding the megneg to the shock, just to have some comparison.

Sweet looking bike, I ordered the Medium Megatower CC X01 August 30th, my official ship date is February 22nd now. Congrats!

Posted: Nov 6, 2020 at 17:11 Quote
DarthChorizo wrote:
sandiegotrent wrote:

Sweet looking bike, I ordered the Medium Megatower CC X01 August 30th, my official ship date is February 22nd now. Congrats!

Thanks. 3 rides in and she's sweet! I need to tune the fork a bit more for small bump but otherwise, it's great on the downhill. It's more nimble than I thought it would be. The AXS has been really good.

I'm sure the wait will feel like an eternity. Time to distract yourself!

O+
Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 11:55 Quote
Called my LBS yesterday to check on my Tallboy I ordered back in September. Was was given a ship date when I ordered of mid February. They told me late June now. The woman said that a few orders were canceled altogether?

O+
Posted: Jan 16, 2021 at 6:55 Quote
I ordered a Tallboy AL D in early July. Talked to the LBS a few days ago and it's now scheduled to arrive in May. Fingers crossed it doesn't get cancelled.

Posted: Jan 16, 2021 at 14:55 Quote
I ordered a tallboy cc July 13th and I have not heard any updates yet.

O+
Posted: Jan 16, 2021 at 17:10 Quote
Copied from another forum, but anywho figured an update was due here also.

Update time!

Six months ago (July 30th) I placed my order for a 21 Hightower Carbon S build. I called my LBS a few times over the those months for a status update on my bike, knowing all to well how obviously Covid screwed everything up. One of the times I called back in late November my LBS told me that Santa Cruz wasn't shipping out any bikes in the ember color (original order color) anymore and that they might have a grey one coming in eventually. I all but forgot about my bike just going on with life when on Thursday my LBS called me saying that a grey Hightower C S build came in and they just finished building it and I'm the first one they are calling about it. Told them to hold it for me and I'll be in tomorrow to take a look and test ride of it.

So that leads me to where we are today, its new bike day to me finally. I'm just stoked to actually be able to get a bike this year with everything going on in the world. I wish the weather would break so I could take it for its madden rip but I've waiting this long I could wait a bit more. Its funny I did the old bathroom scale weigh of the HT and my old 2012 Trek Marlin (yes major upgrade for me) and the HT is only 2 pounds heavier.

While on the phone with my LBS the other day they did mention that Santa Cruz is sold out of all 2021 bikes basically and you'll be super lucky to even get anything at the moment. They told me that a bunch of their orders were actually canceled which is a bummer. Hence why I jumped on the bike they had come in even though I wanted the other color (1st world problems lol)

Yea yea non drive side photo, but literally stopped on the side of the road on the way home and took a photo

photo

O+
Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 22:38 Quote
Just an update for everyone here. My Megatower showed up yesterday. I ordered a storm grey 2021 X01 coil build for reference and had a projected delivery window of mid-march. Hopefully some others that have been waiting are getting their bikes now!!

O+
Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 10:02 Quote
I have been looking around to see what other options there are just in case this falls through but there are none? Luckily I did not sell my back up bike!

Posted: Apr 12, 2021 at 7:56 Quote
Hi! Any delivery updates? I ordered my Megatower CC frame in January 2021 and still do not have any information =(

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.036603
Mobile Version of Website