Solstice?

PB Forum :: USA - West
Solstice?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 27, 2020 at 16:23 Quote
I saw something during shelter in place that said solstice in Marin was closed.
Anyone been down it lately?
Thanks

O+
Posted: Jul 27, 2020 at 21:52 Quote
It’s still closed. San Domenico had closed it for the safety of students and faculty that live on campus.

Posted: Jul 28, 2020 at 12:30 Quote
Thanks
I’m all about safety but closing a trail does nothing to slow the spread of covid.
The likelihood of transmission outside when people are spread out is low.
It’s when people are close together for a while that transmission occurs.

O+
Posted: Jul 28, 2020 at 19:52 Quote
Yeah, it was closed early on in the pandemic when little was known about how transmission was happening. I agree based on what we know now there is little risk of transmission from having cyclists exit the trail across the side of campus. But even with the transmission risk low, they have decided to make it zero by closing the trail and not deal with cyclists potentially passing by people on campus. I'm aware of a couple of the local cycling clubs working with them on reopening. With a large portion of Solstice being on SD's private property, the risk now is more about having the trail closed permanently due to people not respecting the closure vs. spreading COVID.

Posted: Jul 29, 2020 at 7:21 Quote
Yep
I’m not going til it’s open

Posted: Jul 29, 2020 at 8:06 Quote
How did they actually close it?

Posted: Jul 30, 2020 at 16:23 Quote
I just saw on the mcbc webpage that it’s closed

O+
Posted: Aug 31, 2020 at 16:08 Quote
Still closed. San Domenico has been nice about letting people use the trail for a long time but with SIP they red taped it off. Best to respect their wishes in hopes that when things are better, we can continue to use the trail. i heard a rumor about some teenagers riding it anyways and getting into it with a security guard on the property, so definitely don't poach it if you'd like to ride it eventually.

If you do the loma alta climb, you can still ride 680 down or ride a fast unmarked singletrack that starts on the little hill to the southeast of that big boulder. there's also Hunt camp deeper in woodacre that is short and fun.

Posted: Sep 11, 2020 at 13:03 Quote
Yeah I like hunt camp
I want to get back there once the smoke clears.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010031
Mobile Version of Website