Rear cassette

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: 1 days ago Quote
Can i put a 12 spd cassette on a 10 spd hub. 2017 trek remedy 7 boost

Nope, you need a special freehub driver on your hub for 12 speed, and the Shimano and Sram ones are not compatible with each other. If you want 12 speed you're gonna have to buy a new hub or wheel.

You can put a Sram SX or NX level cassette on a 10sp (HG) freehub as they have an 11t small cog. GX level and above requires the XD freehub to accommodate the 10t small cog. Shimano 12sp run another freehub type again (Microspline)

As above said a sram sx/nx cassette will fit, anything above will need an xd driver. Sunrace do a 12 speed that’ll fit your hub though.

Posted: 24 hours ago Quote
In some ways that's good and bad, if you have an XO1 setup then get sick of paying £350 for a cassette you need a new hub to use the cheaper cassettes. Can't tell if Sram have done it to get 12 speed onto low cost bikes or if it's so people can't run the cheaper cassettes once they have got over the honeymoon period with their XX1 drivetrain.

Posted: 22 hours ago Quote
I don’t see how your last post is relevant to this thread. OP was will a 12 speed cassette fit a 10 speed hg freehub. Yes it will and these are your options. The end.

Posted: 21 hours ago Quote
It's called free speech and conversation. As stated his question was answered so what is wrong in bringing in some other opinions to the conversation, if that rubs you up the wrong way you have issues mate.

Additionally if we want to get pedantic, he may have been considering other options than SX or NX. Also he may have a hub where the freehub can be swapped. Wood for the trees n all that.....

theolderigetthefasteriwas wrote:
You can put a Sram SX or NX level cassette on a 10sp (HG) freehub as they have an 11t small cog. GX level and above requires the XD freehub to accommodate the 10t small cog. Shimano 12sp run another freehub type again (Microspline)

Helpful

Danzzz88 wrote:
Nope, you need a special freehub driver on your hub for 12 speed, and the Shimano and Sram ones are not compatible with each other. If you want 12 speed you're gonna have to buy a new hub or wheel.
Danzzz88 wrote:
In some ways that's good and bad, if you have an XO1 setup then get sick of paying £350 for a cassette you need a new hub to use the cheaper cassettes. Can't tell if Sram have done it to get 12 speed onto low cost bikes or if it's so people can't run the cheaper cassettes once they have got over the honeymoon period with their XX1 drivetrain.

Not helpful

Engineers or jobs in data by any chance?

Neither. I’m not sure why you’re ranting or overthinking a pretty basic question. Obviously I’m the one with issues though.

Posted: 20 hours ago Quote
How is it overthinking just continuing a conversation, it's a forum. What if I was asking a question about 2 bikes, which was better for my needs. It was answered, then someone says but Yetis are known to have flexy chainstays or YT customer service is crap. Because the topic then diverged a little from the specific question is it going to get you irritated? As stated maybe he didn't want to use only NX or SX, maybe he also has a hub like a Hope where the freehub can be changed, not everything in the world should be answered with a concise answer and that's it, people don't learn anything that way. And more to the point why would stating what I did get you both irritated anyway, such ways of thinking are usually down to certain personality types which is why I asked the question above. People that approach things in a systematic logical way rather than looking at the broader picture tebd to follow those lines of work. There is also another state of mind begining with the letters au....which can also be a valid explanation for such ways of thinking...

Posted: 20 hours ago Quote
Well thanks for the diagnosis! Maybe you’re right, maybe it’s not a straightforward question. But maybe it is. Let’s face it the op isn’t full of technical information is it? Just a fairly generic ‘can I fit this to this’ question, which you point blank answered no you need a new hub/wheel. And now you want to try make conversation with something that’s not going to help the guy out. That’s why I said it’s of no relevance to this thread. There’s plenty of other threads on here to spark up riveting conversations or you can start your own thread to tell people they have mental conditions.

Posted: 15 hours ago Quote
Dav82 wrote:
or you can start your own thread to tell people they have mental conditions.

Do it!

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005713
Mobile Version of Website