Value of Bridgestone mb-2 mtb 1993?

PB Forum :: Vintage and Fixed Gear Bikes
Value of Bridgestone mb-2 mtb 1993?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 10:59 Quote
Does my Bridgestone mb-2 mtb 1993 have any antique/vintage value? How much do you think I can sell it for? Is facebook the best marketplace?

Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 11:03 Quote
Color: red
Condition: some paint chips, need new drive chain.
All original components.

Posted: Aug 7, 2020 at 8:40 Quote
My thoughts on the matter are, if the bike is in excellent condition both cosmetically and mechanically then it's worth a few hundred with the current market, otherwise, if it's a really high end Italian made race bike, the frame alone could fetch decent money.

People tend to get confused and think that just because something is old it's valuable.

Posted: Sep 6, 2020 at 19:50 Quote
The 1993 MB-2 has a Japanese-made lugged frame made of very high-end Tange tubing. It is one of the era of Bridgestone USA bikes designed by Grant Peterson (later of Rivendell fame), and where he really made his mark.

It is definitely collectible and has value to a certain subset of cyclists. Pricing depends a lot on size, condition and where and when you are selling it, but I would place its value closer to "a couple hundred bucks more than you expected to get" rather than "vintage treasure".

eBay is better than Facebook for something like this. You'll get a lot more for it if you can ship internationally, too. Germany, Czech and Poland all have big 1990's mountain bike collector scenes. They tend to pay top dollar for American mountain bikes and parts, and while your Bridgestone isn't USA-made, it was only available in the US market. (...I don't think even Canada got them, but someone please correct me if they know for sure.)

If the drivetrain really needs replacing, you are probably better off selling just the Frame and Fork. It'll be cheaper to ship, and will likely sell faster.

Posted: Oct 16, 2020 at 2:36 Quote
Lucasitos wrote:
Color: red
Condition: some paint chips, need new drive chain.
All original components.

I'm interested to have a look at it. And maybe even get it from you hehe.

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 15:37 Quote
Finlay09 wrote:
My thoughts on the matter are, if the bike is in excellent condition both cosmetically and mechanically then it's worth a few hundred with the current market, otherwise, if it's a really high end Italian made race bike, the frame alone could fetch decent money.

People tend to get confused and think that just because something is old it's valuable.

In general I agree, but that depends on the market you are in. I'm in Vancouver and bike prices tend to be highly overinflated. I bought an MB-2 frame for $40 a few years ago and this year I bought a whole Alpinestars for $50, but that last one was unusual. If you are in the midwest USA the bike would be worth well under $100.

In general people will pay more on Ebay so if you want to maximize your $, market it there. Facebook market place is the lowest prices in my experience and CraigsList is in between.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.004950
Mobile Version of Website