Cube aim pro 29. Brake issues.

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Cube aim pro 29. Brake issues.
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 11:17 Quote
Back brake is terrible. Cleaned disc, changed pads, bled them...its still not as I'd like or like when I first had it. Only been out on a it 3 or 4 times on long rides, so I think I might have contaminated it. The front was crap but after changing pads it's fine. Any ideas?!?! It has the tektro m275 brakes.

Cheers!

Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 23:26 Quote
Could be air in the system and the back brake may need to be bled?

Watch some YouTube videos, they will tell you what the symptoms are and if it sounds similar to your issue then it would be cheap and easy to buy a bleed kit and bleed brake following directions on a tutorial.

Posted: Aug 4, 2020 at 0:10 Quote
I bled them mate, the front is working spot on now, the back is crap still!

Posted: Aug 4, 2020 at 1:48 Quote
Ah, sorry Pal I missed that you said you already bled them. Rear bleeds are usually more difficult to get any air out for various reasons.

I had Tektro M290 brakes in the past and the same issue. I sorted it by removing the rear caliper, raised the front of the bike so the hose was hanging vertically, did another bleed and pumped the lever for a good 20 minutes, moving the caliper and lever position to different angles, tapping the hoses then left oil in reservoir, tied the lever back with a strap and left overnight.

A lot of messing around but it worked and was surprised with how much air was still in the system from the previous bleed the day before.

Worth a try first before moving on to another possible cause for the problem Mate.

Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 10:35 Quote
I'll give it another go, cheers mate

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005194
Mobile Version of Website