Demo Race 29 sizing

PB Forum :: Downhill
Demo Race 29 sizing
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 3:19 Quote
2020 Demo 29 owners please help- I am 5’11 which puts me right between the S3 and S4 sizes for the new demo- is wanna get one that kills it for dh and less so for free ride/ jumps etc- but I know maybe the S4 is big. not sure which way you guys would recommend sizing and I can’t find any dealers to demo at- heck I can’t even find what size finn iles rides- thanks

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 13:24 Quote
I am 5’9’’ and ride the S4 and happy with it. Just riding in the parking lot it feels big but once on the trail and riding it feel good. Since you are looking for a DH rig I would suggest the S4. I demoed a number of bikes last year and felt most comfortable on the trail with a 455-465 reach number. Good luck, it’s an awesome bike.

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 13:52 Quote
chrisbikes321 wrote:
2020 Demo 29 owners please help- I am 5’11 which puts me right between the S3 and S4 sizes for the new demo- is wanna get one that kills it for dh and less so for free ride/ jumps etc- but I know maybe the S4 is big. not sure which way you guys would recommend sizing and I can’t find any dealers to demo at- heck I can’t even find what size finn iles rides- thanks

Any bike parks near you renting them? There’s a fleet of them at Thunder in MA.

Posted: Aug 4, 2020 at 23:01 Quote
I might head down to rent for a weekend, but honestly from the looks of it 425 for an S2 seems way too small for a dh rig... especially for pure big dh- just wanted to see if anyone had experience with an S2 who is close in height to me

Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 10:34 Quote
chrisbikes321 wrote:
I might head down to rent for a weekend, but honestly from the looks of it 425 for an S2 seems way too small for a dh rig... especially for pure big dh- just wanted to see if anyone had experience with an S2 who is close in height to me

S2 is tiny for your size

Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 11:25 Quote
DHhack wrote:
chrisbikes321 wrote:

S2 is tiny for your size

sorry- meant to ask at the end if anyone has s3 experience at around my height. s2 is tiny.

Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 11:48 Quote
chrisbikes321 wrote:
DHhack wrote:
chrisbikes321 wrote:

S2 is tiny for your size

sorry- meant to ask at the end if anyone has s3 experience at around my height. s2 is tiny.

I'm 5'10 and the S3 I just got feels more in the flickable free-ridey category. The reach numbers on Specialized site don't add up if you ask me... Basically, in my opinion, I'd say an S3 is like a medium because the short feeling reach on it feels like my medium Evil Insurgent LB compared to other bikes I've ridden that size as a large for my height.

Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 14:06 Quote
chrisbikes321 wrote:
DHhack wrote:
chrisbikes321 wrote:

S2 is tiny for your size

That makes more sense. I interpret the Demo 29 size chart as this; if you’re on the tall end of the size range it’s a more free ride sizing, if you’re on the shorter end of the size range it’s more of a dh bike. At 5’11” that makes S3 more playful and maneuverable and the S4 would be your fast and stable option. I’m 6’4” and there’s no S5 so I bought something else.

Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 15:49 Quote
DHhack wrote:
chrisbikes321 wrote:
DHhack wrote:

S2 is tiny for your size

That makes more sense. I interpret the Demo 29 size chart as this; if you’re on the tall end of the size range it’s a more free ride sizing, if you’re on the shorter end of the size range it’s more of a dh bike. At 5’11” that makes S3 more playful and maneuverable and the S4 would be your fast and stable option. I’m 6’4” and there’s no S5 so I bought something else.

yeah- unfortunately specialized only made frames in three smaller sizes... they probably lose money on these things anyway

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005112
Mobile Version of Website