New Status anyone have one

PB Forum :: Specialized
New Status anyone have one
Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 18:11 Quote
My buddy from lbs said that you're prlly fine on a coil unless you're super fat. I've been riding on a super deluxe coil for the last month and it's felt great, but after seeing that photo of the status with the snapped DHX2, I've switched back to the dpx2.

Side note has anyone tried a super deluxe with a meg neg on the status? Thoughts?

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 14:30 Quote
zuhlio wrote:
My buddy from lbs said that you're prlly fine on a coil unless you're super fat. I've been riding on a super deluxe coil for the last month and it's felt great, but after seeing that photo of the status with the snapped DHX2, I've switched back to the dpx2.

Side note has anyone tried a super deluxe with a meg neg on the status? Thoughts?

...exactly how fat is super fat? lol

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 15:54 Quote
zuhlio wrote:
250+?
JK Big Grin

Posted: Jun 12, 2021 at 12:19 Quote
Just a quick one but, I finally got around to putting the bomber decals on. They make the front end look meaner imo

Title bars and stem will be here mid-week them it'll be complete

Posted: Jun 12, 2021 at 16:09 Quote
Picked one up today. I’m just under 6ft3 and went with an S5 frame. Feel as though I could of gone down to an S4. Anyone know the maximum tyre size I can get on the rear? as I definitely want something fatter

Posted: Jun 13, 2021 at 1:03 Quote
MtbWalker wrote:
Picked one up today. I’m just under 6ft3 and went with an S5 frame. Feel as though I could of gone down to an S4. Anyone know the maximum tyre size I can get on the rear? as I definitely want something fatter

Not sure about max size but a 2.5 Maxxis wide trail fits in there just fine

Posted: Jun 13, 2021 at 17:11 Quote
I got new info on the coil snapping from one of my old bike shops, fanatik, who sell the status. The guy I talked to confirmed that the DHX2 is a no go on the status and apparently a few ibis's, too because of the small shaft diameter. It sounds like most other coils are good to go.

If you have a DHX2 on your status, be careful because it's possible it may snap.

Posted: Jun 13, 2021 at 18:15 Quote
zuhlio wrote:
I got new info on the coil snapping from one of my old bike shops, fanatik, who sell the status. The guy I talked to confirmed that the DHX2 is a no go on the status and apparently a few ibis's, too because of the small shaft diameter. It sounds like most other coils are good to go.

If you have a DHX2 on your status, be careful because it's possible it may snap.

Spoke to spesh directly and they couldn't confirm this. But I wouldn't run a dhx2 with the old aluminum shaft.

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 11:45 Quote
What pressure does everyone have the rear suspension set to? I’m 6’3, 200lbs and I’ve got it at around 255psi. Seems a bit high? This gives me 25% travel.

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 11:54 Quote
zuhlio wrote:

Anymore info on this other than "some guy told me"?

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 16:09 Quote
MtbWalker wrote:
What pressure does everyone have the rear suspension set to? I’m 6’3, 200lbs and I’ve got it at around 255psi. Seems a bit high? This gives me 25% travel.

Just based on past responses, could be about right or if anything too low? I am 6', 160lbs, set at 250 PSI @ 25% sag (15mm measured from seal to o-ring, seat down in the attack position).

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 16:30 Quote
Anymore info on this other than "some guy told me"?[/Quote]

Well it's not just some guy. It's an employee at fanatik, and they sell the status. I'd say fanatik is pretty reputable in the mtn bike world. He knew exactly what I was talking about before I could finish.

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 19:34 Quote
Yeah I think when it comes to this whole coil debate I think there is still a fair bit of unknown. From what has been seen though it appears that some Specialized models have been prone to failure and as mentioned before Specialized aren’t putting the Status in this category. Is this limited to the DHX only, Im not sure anyone can really say. The likes of Cane Creek don’t believe their shock would have a problem on the status and it is 9.5mm also. Plus ohlins is only 10mm and they officially state it is suitable for the status. If you wanted to be safe might pay to choose something with a bigger shaft.

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 20:20 Quote
Or you could just put a moto shock on it, just have to make a couple of adjustments and it’s perfect

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005825
Mobile Version of Website