New Status anyone have one

PB Forum :: Specialized
New Status anyone have one
Posted: Mar 18, 2022 at 4:07 Quote
switzb15 wrote:

Congrats on Vital BOD!

Also, super stoked on the water bottle cage washer trick, thanks for sharing. Now able to fit a much larger (~700 ml) bottle in my S2 frame \m/

photo

Dope! Thanks man.

Posted: Mar 18, 2022 at 20:27 Quote
dpars63 wrote:
Answering my own question from above, bike came with a digital shock pump, torque wrench, nylon composite pedals… and a z cage with EMT tool. Also, my complete came with a t9 compound rear tire instead of the t7 on the spec sheet. More grip! Although faster wearing.

Over all I’m happy with the DTC experience, ordered Saturday night, showed up on my doorstep on Thursday. Would have been nice if more local dealers stocked them though…

Woah, so $3000 gets you a digital shock pump and a cage with tool?? My Status last year came with no extras, but it was 400 less.

Posted: Mar 20, 2022 at 8:08 Quote
Lol, I’m not saying I’m impressed with the extras, I’m saying that as far as I know you don’t get them if you buy a bike in a conventional shop. The retail price is now 3k, it doesn’t matter If you buy online or at a dealer, the price went up. My point was it’s clear Specialized is encouraging the direct to consumer route over dealerships. As far as the 400 price increase, yeah it’s been a shitty year for those of us wanting new bikes, they all went up. The Pros closet is selling a 2021 for 3200, so it looks like your last years model has actually appreciated in all of this madness. :p

Posted: Mar 20, 2022 at 9:25 Quote
My point was not to complain about the sucky inflation reality, but rather genuine surprise Spec would include any extras at all. It's not like they have to spice up the Status offer, which is still one of the best deals around. Now if only the offered a grip2 damper and a GX AXS in the lineup...

Posted: Mar 20, 2022 at 11:10 Quote
I suspect the reason the status is cheaper than the equivalent stumpjumper has something to do with the fact there are fewer SKUs in the Status product family. It makes manufacturing and assembly cheaper. But yes, offering a model with GX or XT group set and a next tier fork would be awesome. Maybe If the status becomes popular they will make a carbon model?

O+
Posted: Mar 21, 2022 at 5:24 Quote
Anyone else had an issue with the rear hub on their 2021 model? The ratchet ring on my stock wheel de-bonded from the hub shell itself. The driver is good as are the ratchet teeth, but when I pedal, the cassette spins but I don’t go forward.

I was having some noises come from the hub prior to this weekend. I hit a roller with a good compression at the runout, didn’t hear anything weird, but had to walk the bike out of the woods. About 700 miles on the rear hub, 2 park days, 200lbs rider.

Weird failure type. My local shop and I are going to see if it’s a warranty issue. Funny enough my friend’s Bontrager 54t rear wheel had the same type of failure earlier this year.

O+
Posted: Mar 21, 2022 at 15:30 Quote
sjma wrote:
Anyone else had an issue with the rear hub on their 2021 model? The ratchet ring on my stock wheel de-bonded from the hub shell itself. The driver is good as are the ratchet teeth, but when I pedal, the cassette spins but I don’t go forward.

I was having some noises come from the hub prior to this weekend. I hit a roller with a good compression at the runout, didn’t hear anything weird, but had to walk the bike out of the woods. About 700 miles on the rear hub, 2 park days, 200lbs rider.

Weird failure type. My local shop and I are going to see if it’s a warranty issue. Funny enough my friend’s Bontrager 54t rear wheel had the same type of failure earlier this year.

Definitely talk to your local dealer or where you bought it from. The Roval wheels and components have a lifetime warranty. I recently had my rear rim replaced and relaced, and it was entirely my fault... but it was covered.

Posted: Mar 22, 2022 at 9:13 Quote
dpars63 wrote:
I suspect the reason the status is cheaper than the equivalent stumpjumper has something to do with the fact there are fewer SKUs in the Status product family. It makes manufacturing and assembly cheaper. But yes, offering a model with GX or XT group set and a next tier fork would be awesome. Maybe If the status becomes popular they will make a carbon model?

Also it has cheaper tubing, internal routing, no UDH, etc

Posted: Mar 22, 2022 at 9:14 Quote
mikeinhoodriver wrote:
sjma wrote:

Definitely talk to your local dealer or where you bought it from. The Roval wheels and components have a lifetime warranty. I recently had my rear rim replaced and relaced, and it was entirely my fault... but it was covered.

I believe wheels are limited to 5 years or so, however LBS should be able to cover the following

O+
Posted: Mar 23, 2022 at 8:42 Quote
nickmalysh wrote:
mikeinhoodriver wrote:
sjma wrote:

I believe wheels are limited to 5 years or so, however LBS should be able to cover the following

They are covered by a lifetime warranty for original owner, fyi. https://rovalcomponents.com/pages/warranty

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2022 at 12:34 Quote
Quick update - warranty claim was accepted last night. Took a couple of days to get a copy of the sales receipt, but they are going to be replacing the entire rear wheel assembly - sweet! No shipping notification yet but we're not expecting it to be more than a couple weeks at the longest.

Posted: Mar 31, 2022 at 14:12 Quote
sjma wrote:
Quick update - warranty claim was accepted last night. Took a couple of days to get a copy of the sales receipt, but they are going to be replacing the entire rear wheel assembly - sweet! No shipping notification yet but we're not expecting it to be more than a couple weeks at the longest.

I hope I never have that issue with my Status, but good to know they covered it under warranty with no real pushback.

Posted: Apr 11, 2022 at 13:53 Quote
Question: This might be somewhere in the 24 pages in this thread, but I couldn't find it. Can you convert a 140 to a 160 via changing the yoke like the previous generation stumpjumper ST/LT? I bought a 140, really happy with it, just thinking ahead and buying a yoke, new shock, new air spring is way cheaper than another bike for the one off enduro or lift operated bike park day I might have throughout the year.

Looking at photos it looks like the yoke is shorter to accommodate the longer shock on the 160, but that's about it. Just curious.

Posted: Apr 12, 2022 at 3:10 Quote
Hey guys, can you share any details of rear hub that stock bike is equipped in? Is that alu od steel freehub body? How many pawls? How many points of engagement? Weight of complete wheels?

O+
Posted: Apr 12, 2022 at 8:30 Quote
dpars63 wrote:
Question: This might be somewhere in the 24 pages in this thread, but I couldn't find it. Can you convert a 140 to a 160 via changing the yoke like the previous generation stumpjumper ST/LT? I bought a 140, really happy with it, just thinking ahead and buying a yoke, new shock, new air spring is way cheaper than another bike for the one off enduro or lift operated bike park day I might have throughout the year.

Looking at photos it looks like the yoke is shorter to accommodate the longer shock on the 160, but that's about it. Just curious.

They are different front triangles, it would take more than the yoke.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013594
Mobile Version of Website