New Status anyone have one

PB Forum :: Specialized
New Status anyone have one
Posted: Apr 12, 2022 at 9:31 Quote
hlaloud wrote:
dpars63 wrote:
Question: This might be somewhere in the 24 pages in this thread, but I couldn't find it. Can you convert a 140 to a 160 via changing the yoke like the previous generation stumpjumper ST/LT? I bought a 140, really happy with it, just thinking ahead and buying a yoke, new shock, new air spring is way cheaper than another bike for the one off enduro or lift operated bike park day I might have throughout the year.

Looking at photos it looks like the yoke is shorter to accommodate the longer shock on the 160, but that's about it. Just curious.

They are different front triangles, it would take more than the yoke.

Thanks, wishful thinking got the best of me. I had envisioned swapping back and forth between the stock 140 setup and a Marzocchi coil 160 set up. I still may fiddle with things eventually.

Posted: Apr 21, 2022 at 18:37 Quote
Anybody build up a 160 frame in SATIN GUNMETAL / CA WHITE SAGE? Trying to get an idea what satin gunmetal looks like in person. Looks almost brownish on the website.

Posted: Apr 22, 2022 at 9:54 Quote
dpars63 wrote:
Question: This might be somewhere in the 24 pages in this thread, but I couldn't find it. Can you convert a 140 to a 160 via changing the yoke like the previous generation stumpjumper ST/LT? I bought a 140, really happy with it, just thinking ahead and buying a yoke, new shock, new air spring is way cheaper than another bike for the one off enduro or lift operated bike park day I might have throughout the year.

Looking at photos it looks like the yoke is shorter to accommodate the longer shock on the 160, but that's about it. Just curious.

you can remove spacer and get 148 out of the back travel and bump the fork to 160, however It is cheaper to buy new frame rather then all swapping

Posted: Apr 23, 2022 at 9:01 Quote
Hi guys, i have a status s4 160mm and I bought a dvo jade x.
Now I have to buy the spring, but I need some advice to choice the spring lbs rate for my weight.
I am 76/78 kg dressed, 500lbs spring could be the correct choice?

Posted: Apr 25, 2022 at 0:31 Quote
I am ~95 kg dressed and used a 500lbs spring. Be wary of the damage the Yoke does to the shock though. I could see scruff marks on the underside of the piston after around 6 months of use with a Jade X.
Went back to the original DPX2

Posted: Apr 25, 2022 at 2:26 Quote
Larry21 wrote:
Hi guys, i have a status s4 160mm and I bought a dvo jade x.
Now I have to buy the spring, but I need some advice to choice the spring lbs rate for my weight.
I am 76/78 kg dressed, 500lbs spring could be the correct choice?

I run. 450 at the same weight fully open compression. Runs well but may run a 400 and wind the compression up a little

Posted: Apr 26, 2022 at 7:53 Quote
waldo-jpg wrote:
I am ~95 kg dressed and used a 500lbs spring. Be wary of the damage the Yoke does to the shock though. I could see scruff marks on the underside of the piston after around 6 months of use with a Jade X.
Went back to the original DPX2

Do you have any pictures of the scruff marks ? My one year old Jade X is currently still working fine, the original DPX2 has always had a lot of air in the oil relatively quickly and made slurping noises (my weight ~150lbs)

Posted: May 3, 2022 at 21:10 Quote
I trying to replace the bearings on my Status 160 and I'm having a hard time getting the pivot bearings pressed out with an Alt Alt press. I looked in the manual at the exploded view of the rear triangle and it looks like there might be a lip inside the bore. Does anyone have experience changing the bearings? I contacted support and they were kind of unhelpful.

Posted: May 20, 2022 at 9:09 Quote
Just ordered a Status 160. I've been going to the semi local park(s) these past few seasons more than expected, thought it could be a fun park bike. We'll see.

That said, what are you all changing out on these? Anything super problematic that should be addressed ahead of time?

I figure I'll wait to change out the eagle stuff as I break it, unless the derailleur is as bad as I've heard. Nurse Geek

Everyone enjoying theirs?

Posted: May 20, 2022 at 13:08 Quote
Lavacon wrote:
Just ordered a Status 160. I've been going to the semi local park(s) these past few seasons more than expected, thought it could be a fun park bike. We'll see.

That said, what are you all changing out on these? Anything super problematic that should be addressed ahead of time?

I figure I'll wait to change out the eagle stuff as I break it, unless the derailleur is as bad as I've heard. Nurse Geek

Everyone enjoying theirs?

Personally I don’t think anything needs to be changed immediately. I have had mine for 18 months now and the nx has worked fine. Needs more regular adjustment though.

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 16:07 Quote
Just got my 160 built up. Haven’t had a chance to ride anywhere but hopper in the driveway though.

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 22:06 Quote
Anyone selling a s4 160 frame or complete?

Posted: May 30, 2022 at 9:15 Quote
hlaloud wrote:
dpars63 wrote:

But the yoke on the 140 does appear to have quite a bit of excess clearance around the seat tube as compared with the 160, so it might be possible to get some more travel with a custom yoke.

Posted: Jun 1, 2022 at 16:22 Quote
slipperycedar wrote:
hlaloud wrote:
dpars63 wrote:

But the yoke on the 140 does appear to have quite a bit of excess clearance around the seat tube as compared with the 160, so it might be possible to get some more travel with a custom yoke.

I'm just going to wait/hope for Cascade to make a link or yoke for the Status. Since my original post I have ridden the hell out of my 140, no complaints so I'm not too worried. I just like to tinker with things.

Posted: Jun 2, 2022 at 2:26 Quote
Just picked up my new Status.
I was on the fence about what size for a while I have a Fuse in a
Large which I found to stretched out and the S4 Status had longer reach than the fuse so ended up opting for the S3.

Now I just need to put it on a diet.
I'm going to swap out the rear wheel for the No Stans Arch which is already on my fuse and same with the bar and stem.

I've been offered some 175 X1 (12speed dub cranks) but unsure if 175 will be to long

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007176
Mobile Version of Website