New Status anyone have one

PB Forum :: Specialized
New Status anyone have one
| Next Page
Posted: Jun 2, 2022 at 7:58 Quote
I'm pretty close to buying a Status 140 frame and building it up for my son, as a "do it all" trail bike. He's not super aggressive. We have a lot of rolling hills and moderate terrain locally, but also we do occasional lift access. Just a couple of questions since there is no way to demo one locally:

1. Sizing: He's 13 and 5'4" (162.5cm) tall, and he's pretty light. S2 seems like the choice, but I see posts about people downsizing due to length. Stick with S2?
2. It seems like a relatively heavy bike; is it the build spec, the frame, or both?
3. Planning to build it up w/ parts I have on hand, so it'll be 27.5 front & back. I have a 150 Pike and a 5mm crown race spacer, so geo should be unchanged. Not a question, just a comment lol.

Anything else I should consider? His prior bike was a 2020 Stumpy Alloy Short Travel, S1 frame; that thing was heavy! But he got along fine with it.

Thanks in advance.

Posted: Jun 3, 2022 at 13:45 Quote
Disturbedracing wrote:
Just picked up my new Status.
I was on the fence about what size for a while I have a Fuse in a
Large which I found to stretched out and the S4 Status had longer reach than the fuse so ended up opting for the S3.

Now I just need to put it on a diet.
I'm going to swap out the rear wheel for the No Stans Arch which is already on my fuse and same with the bar and stem.

I've been offered some 175 X1 (12speed dub cranks) but unsure if 175 will be to long

I’m on 170 cranks and seriously considering going with some Canfield 160. BB is low low on these.

Posted: Jun 6, 2022 at 22:40 Quote
Disturbedracing wrote:
I've been offered some 175 X1 (12speed dub cranks) but unsure if 175 will be to long

175 is too long, I was running 175mm Raceface Turbines until they broke. Now I am on 165. It was unrideable in the low mode, pedaling on any trail as dangerous on high mode already

Posted: Jun 8, 2022 at 11:10 Quote
waldo-jpg wrote:
Disturbedracing wrote:

175 is too long, I was running 175mm Raceface Turbines until they broke. Now I am on 165. It was unrideable in the low mode, pedaling on any trail as dangerous on high mode already

165 is the best upgrade ever you can do to this bike

Posted: Jun 25, 2022 at 10:44 Quote
Hey y'all. what Coil conversion are some of you using on your stock 36 Rhythm forks? Looking back on the thread, I see a few people that have done it just cannot find which conversion was used. My LBS is fairly sure that it can't be done...? which can't be true given I have seen it done on here.

Thanks!

Posted: Jun 25, 2022 at 11:48 Quote
Marzocchi z1 coil convertion kit should fit. However I would go with vorsprung smashpot but its not cheap.

Posted: Jun 25, 2022 at 14:38 Quote
Z1 conversion has decent reviews. I have the Smashpot, bit more expensive but the incremental spring rates and hydraulic bottom out make it worth it. Works really well with the Grip damper too.

Posted: Jun 25, 2022 at 14:49 Quote
Ordered up the regular fox conversion. Blew up the air spring the other day.

Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 6:55 Quote
Just purchased a 140 for my wife. What a fun, agile, playful, poppy bike! I am a little concerned about the lack of a thick rubber downtube / bottom bracket protector on these bikes. Has anyone found an aftermarket solution?

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007356
Mobile Version of Website