New Status anyone have one

PB Forum :: Specialized
New Status anyone have one
Posted: Feb 11, 2023 at 4:05 Quote
302Scoutin wrote:
Just for those keeping count......

Status 160 frame..... RaceFace Arc27 29er rear wheel with a 2.4 XR4 Team Issue tire fits, clears, and rolls with no issues.....

Hey thanks! I was about to ask that. What size are you riding? How much clearance is there around the tire?

Posted: Feb 11, 2023 at 4:08 Quote
Jonnysnow wrote:
302Scoutin wrote:

Status 160 frame..... RaceFace Arc27 29er rear wheel with a 2.4 XR4 Team Issue tire fits, clears, and rolls with no issues.....

No hate, why though? Just for more pedally rides?

I'm personally not interested in mullets as I'm tall enough to never get into contact with the rear wheel anyways and never had the issue of a bike not feeling playful enough, even in the largest sizes. At that point having a smaller rear wheel just becomes a drawback with no advantages.

I am however interested in the Status as it seems to strike a great balance between low cost and durability.

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2023 at 6:33 Quote
I found I had fewer pedal strikes with a 29” back wheel.

Posted: Feb 13, 2023 at 21:12 Quote
Anyone running a 200 mm dropper on an s3?

Posted: Feb 13, 2023 at 21:46 Quote
210 one-up on my S3.

https://www.vitalmtb.com/community/AgrAde,35595/setup,44429

It goes about 10mm lower than in the photos. Doesn't slam.

Posted: Feb 13, 2023 at 23:04 Quote
Thanks. That'll likely be too long for me. May have to look for a 180mm.

Posted: Feb 16, 2023 at 12:09 Quote
Muscovir wrote:
302Scoutin wrote:

Hey thanks! I was about to ask that. What size are you riding? How much clearance is there around the tire?

I ride an S4, and with the 2.4 tire, there's not much room, but it clears and rolls.... I'll try to get a measurement later...

Posted: Feb 16, 2023 at 12:10 Quote
[Quote="Jonnysnow"]
302Scoutin wrote:

Status 160 frame..... RaceFace Arc27 29er rear wheel with a 2.4 XR4 Team Issue tire fits, clears, and rolls with no issues.....[/Quote

No hate, why though? Just for more pedally rides?

I was jut curious if it would fit.... I am still looking for a decent 27.5 rear rim, so in the meantime I can just run a 29er wheel to blast around......

Posted: Feb 19, 2023 at 23:41 Quote
I just repainted my frame and started to put the bike back together
still waiting for a silver chainring and probably need a new rear brake line

It's been 6.5 months since my ACL tear and i'm looking to get back on it in maybe the next 2 months or so

repainted

Posted: Feb 21, 2023 at 10:43 Quote
waldo-jpg wrote:
I just repainted my frame and started to put the bike back together
still waiting for a silver chainring and probably need a new rear brake line

It's been 6.5 months since my ACL tear and i'm looking to get back on it in maybe the next 2 months or so

repainted

That's a great colour combination, very classy.

Posted: Feb 21, 2023 at 12:36 Quote
Love the silver rims.

Posted: Mar 7, 2023 at 3:00 Quote
Anybody knows what rear hub is used on the status 160 2022 model?
Still waiting for mine to arrive but already looking for possible drivetrain upgrades. While searching I found this https://webshop.bestbike.de/us/fhb-bear-pawls-bmb-00412o1f-freehub-body-132863705.html .In the description it is listed to be compatible with the status from 2022, but on the vitalmtb review https://www.vitalmtb.com/product/guide/Bikes,3/Specialized/Status-160,36238#product-reviews-248196 they wrote "The Roval Traverse wheelset uses Specialized/Roval branded hubs and seemed to be a little nicer than the standard 3 pawl hubs we’ve come to expect on an entry-level build kit.", which seems to imply something else. Maybe they got a different wheelset for the review bike.
I will probably know for sure when the bike arrives and I take a look a the hub, but if anybody already knows the rear hub that would be great.

Posted: Mar 7, 2023 at 9:36 Quote
KrampaKiller wrote:
I will probably know for sure when the bike arrives and I take a look a the hub, but if anybody already knows the rear hub that would be great.

roval traverse: https://www.bikeradar.com/reviews/components/wheels/wheel-sets/roval-traverse-alloy-29-review/

Posted: Mar 7, 2023 at 11:36 Quote
waldo-jpg wrote:
KrampaKiller wrote:

roval traverse: https://www.bikeradar.com/reviews/components/wheels/wheel-sets/roval-traverse-alloy-29-review/

Did you get those on your Status?

The article says these come spec'd on the Stumpy Evo Expert and Evo Elite Alloy, so I went to Specializeds site to visually compare the Evo Elite Alloy, the Status and the Evo Comp Alloy (as it mostly has the same spec as the Status).

From what I saw the Evo elite has the same graphics and flanges on the hubs as in the article you posted. In the pictures you can clearly see that the flanges have machined cutouts, while the ones on the Evo Comp and Status have flat flanges. The wheelset description for the Evo Elite states "Roval DT Swiss 370, Ratchet LN", while for the other two its just something generic.

If I were to go by the images and descriptions I would say the Status gets a different hub with pawls.

Posted: Mar 7, 2023 at 12:53 Quote
I have both a Status and a Stumpy EVO Expert: the wheelsets are completely different, and the Status hubs are likely rebranded Novatec or similar.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014080
Mobile Version of Website