New Status anyone have one

PB Forum :: Specialized
New Status anyone have one
Posted: Feb 15, 2021 at 10:23 Quote
Anyone know what happened to the status review that was on the main page this morning? I came back to read it and it seems to be gone? Or am I going crazy?

Posted: Feb 15, 2021 at 10:33 Quote
Gone for me too. Maybe Pinkbike said something the big S didn’t like? It seemed like a fair review to me, especially taking into account that PB supposedly requested a base model and got a blinged out custom build instead.

Posted: Feb 15, 2021 at 10:39 Quote
mick06 wrote:
Anyone know what happened to the status review that was on the main page this morning? I came back to read it and it seems to be gone? Or am I going crazy?

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/video-specialized-status-review-aluminum-frame-with-high-end-suspension-review.html

Posted: Feb 15, 2021 at 11:20 Quote
What a weird review

Got all my parts swapped over so will get some decent pics at the weekend. One thing I will say is RSCs with trickstuff pads are on another level

Posted: Feb 15, 2021 at 17:24 Quote
Thanks bajanmonkey!

Posted: Feb 15, 2021 at 20:42 Quote
bajanmonkey wrote:
mick06 wrote:

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/video-specialized-status-review-aluminum-frame-with-high-end-suspension-review.html

I skimmed it earlier and came back to read the details and can't find it either!

I built my frame up with mid level components and really like it as a park bike. It does feel slow to me as a trail bike. I have wondered what moving from double down tires on aluminum rims to trail tires and carbon rims would do for it. The review says it might not get me all the way to where I might want a trail bike to be. Nice to read a review of the frame with higher end spec.

Posted: Feb 15, 2021 at 21:49 Quote
PB left this weird little link.

https://statusmtb.bike/

Posted: Feb 17, 2021 at 17:09 Quote
Trying to decide between the 160 vs. 140. Anyone wish they had more/less travel?

Posted: Feb 17, 2021 at 17:42 Quote
youngandthriving wrote:
Trying to decide between the 160 vs. 140. Anyone wish they had more/less travel?

Happy with 140 for self propelled riding.
If I was riding bikepark etc all the time and shuttling I would go 160

Posted: Feb 17, 2021 at 21:50 Quote
Does anyone know what the shock specifications are in terms of the mounting types/hardware? I already know that it is 230x60mm. Thanks

Posted: Feb 17, 2021 at 23:02 Quote
FoothillsRider24 wrote:
Does anyone know what the shock specifications are in terms of the mounting types/hardware? I already know that it is 230x60mm. Thanks

you’re going to want a shock with standard eyelets. Bearing mounts will work but will go in sideways with the extra can facing out.

Posted: Feb 18, 2021 at 9:19 Quote
youngandthriving wrote:

I am digging the 160 travel here in Oregon. I previously rode a 150 Jeffsy and appreciate the extra squish. It is a bit of a beast to pedal up, but worth the performance coming down on my trails. If you dont have a lot of demanding descents in your area, I would prob go with the 140.

Posted: Feb 19, 2021 at 8:14 Quote
3 rides out on my new Status S2 and got to admit coming from a Hardtail ive never been so happy on how capable and sweet everything feels. I don't understand the climbing element side though. Unless your doing XC races why does climbing even come into it? Its all about getting to the top and riding back down with all the party feels that this bike gives.

Posted: Feb 19, 2021 at 9:37 Quote
I rode a friend's status 140 which had the grip upgrade in the performance fork. To be honest it felt like the 140 had closer to 160 going up and down the hill. It was pretty sluggish going up the hill, but it gets you to the top, but it was super fun going downhill. But I guess that's just the specialized horst-link layout maybe. It was heavy but I didn't really notice it, it has a nice steep seat tube angle so it kept me pretty comfortable on the climbs. Overall I think it's a killer bike at a great price, but I also heard only 100 bike shops in the U.S. have one so it might be hard to get your hands on one.

Posted: Feb 23, 2021 at 18:38 Quote
Boink. My frame up custom build.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009483
Mobile Version of Website