New Status anyone have one
Posted: Mar 31, 2021 at 18:16 Quote
Or just buy new lowers

Posted: Mar 31, 2021 at 18:19 Quote
oregontradesman wrote:
Or just buy new lowers

Dang, I never thought about that.

Posted: Mar 31, 2021 at 23:40 Quote
not sure if that is a good idea, it would still be around 1cm shorter on the a2c length. I already get so many pedal strikes in the high setting. Probably better to sell the yari and buy a 29er yari for around the same price

Posted: Apr 12, 2021 at 14:55 Quote

Little late to the game on this thread, but better late than never, right? Have had my frame-up, custom build together for a few months now and love everything about it. Happy to answer questions on the ride feel and/or build ideas.

Full build description here: https://www.vitalmtb.com/community/switzb15,46185/setup,43213

Posted: Apr 12, 2021 at 15:52 Quote
Put some new rubber on mine this weekend. Minions make for such a needed improvement over the stock Butchers. I went with a 2.5 DHF and 2.4 DHRII. Really happy with the way it rides now.

Posted: Apr 13, 2021 at 6:04 Quote
switzb15 wrote:

Little late to the game on this thread, but better late than never, right? Have had my frame-up, custom build together for a few months now and love everything about it. Happy to answer questions on the ride feel and/or build ideas. Cheers \m/

Thats cool, I am waiting on a seat shim to get here for me to finish my build. I am also running Wild Enduros, I took them off my bike before this. On my set, I have noticed that some of the knobs will rip, or is that just me.

Posted: Apr 13, 2021 at 6:31 Quote
switzb15 wrote:

Little late to the game on this thread, but better late than never, right? Have had my frame-up, custom build together for a few months now and love everything about it. Happy to answer questions on the ride feel and/or build ideas. Cheers \m/

Have you put that on the scale by any chance?

Posted: Apr 13, 2021 at 8:14 Quote
wlkr104 wrote:
switzb15 wrote:

Thats cool, I am waiting on a seat shim to get here for me to finish my build. I am also running Wild Enduros, I took them off my bike before this. On my set, I have noticed that some of the knobs will rip, or is that just me.

So far so good with the Wild Enduros regarding wear. They are a little narrower than I'm used to, and I don't really like the smaller center knobs on the Rear (not enough traction in the loose, dry stuff), but they were what was available at the time of the build and I wanted to try something different. I'd probably throw a Front on the back if I stick with Michelins, but I also have a set of Specialized Hillbilly/Butcher tires in Blck Dmnd compound that I plan on trying next.

Posted: Apr 13, 2021 at 8:17 Quote
mick06 wrote:
switzb15 wrote:

Have you put that on the scale by any chance?

36 lb 10 oz / 16,600 g as pictured without the full water bottle \m/

Posted: Apr 13, 2021 at 8:55 Quote
Thanks! Nice looking bike

Posted: Apr 13, 2021 at 12:47 Quote
mikeinhoodriver wrote:
Put some new rubber on mine this weekend. Minions make for such a needed improvement over the stock Butchers. I went with a 2.5 DHF and 2.4 DHRII. Really happy with the way it rides now.

Looking good!

Posted: Apr 13, 2021 at 13:35 Quote
kwapik wrote:
Looking good!

Thanks! It is handling so much better with the Minions. Not that the Butchers were bad, but just used to that Maxxis grip!

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 0:39 Quote
mikeinhoodriver wrote:
kwapik wrote:
Looking good!

Thanks! It is handling so much better with the Minions. Not that the Butchers were bad, but just used to that Maxxis grip!

Really though, the stock butchers are crap, the compound is just too hard. Sounds like they've sorted that out with the new versions though

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 10:59 Quote
switzb15 wrote:

Really curious to hear your thoughts on the Marzocchi Coil rear shock, I'm strongly considering swapping my DPX2 for a coil once I can find one in stock, and the Marzocchi is high on the list.

I'm riding in Squamish and starting to send burlier drops than I have in the past, so I want a shock that will feel good for those big hits without sacrificing too much pop on the flowier jump trails or feeling weird on the chunky tech. (I know, thats a broad range of situations)

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 16:21 Quote
Junker92 wrote:
switzb15 wrote:

Really curious to hear your thoughts on the Marzocchi Coil rear shock, I'm strongly considering swapping my DPX2 for a coil once I can find one in stock, and the Marzocchi is high on the list.

I'm riding in Squamish and starting to send burlier drops than I have in the past, so I want a shock that will feel good for those big hits without sacrificing too much pop on the flowier jump trails or feeling weird on the chunky tech. (I know, thats a broad range of situations)

I did not ever ride the DPX2 but in my mind the coil setup is a match made in heaven for this bike. Super supple off the top and supportive in the chunder while the short rear end and mullet setup keep the bike ultra playful.

I'm 190lb/86kg kitted up and am running a Sprindex 500-550lb spring for the time being. I've had a few minor bottom outs, but they were all well deserved huck to flats - I have no intention of looking for a progressive spring. Can't speak to reliability as I've only had it a few months but it sure is plush, and I'd definitely recommend it if you are a set-it-and-forget-it type of rider. A climb switch would be nice but having the adjustable spring is my compromise for that at the moment. That being said, I've been leaving it at 500# for pretty much everything other than long, sustained road climbs.

Another separate but related note: I'm setting and forgetting the flip switch in high mode rather than low. The slacker HTA in low mode may help in the steeps, but it detracts from the playfulness and liveliness that I chose this bike for (also hence me being 5'-9" on a S2 - have to love some extra "nimbility").

Hope that helps a bit with your consideration!

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012064
Mobile Version of Website