Specialized Stumpjumper 2019 ST to LT conversion

PB Forum :: Specialized
Specialized Stumpjumper 2019 ST to LT conversion
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 19:41 Quote
Hi,

I need to upgrade my front shock and considering converting my Stumpjumper ST to LT.

Current setup:
Front fork: Rockshox 35 Gold RL 130mm travel with 44mm offset
Rear Shock: Rockshox Deluxe RT3 130mm travel

Proposed setup:
Front Fork: Rockshox Pike Ultimate 150mm travel
Rear shock: Öhlins TTX22M, coil spring, 48x197mm (135mm travel - this was pulled off another bike I have)
Changing yoke to Stumpjumper P/N S186300001

Why - I don't like my current fork. I want to upgrade it and want to buy something that will have a staying power. Right now a short travel fits my skill level and local riding areas well. I hope to progress and want something I could ride out West (maybe that is delusional on this bike....comments welcome).

Not sure what direction to go - I could buy a new fork that has a 130mm of travel, stick with my current rear shock, sell my TTX22m, and preserve my bike's intended geometry. This would be well suited for my current skillset and the majority of riding that I do.

I could do the conversion and have a bike that might have a longer life for me. Also, if I am investing in a high-end shock, I could pull it off this bike at some point for a new build.

Please advise.

Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 14:26 Quote
150 / 135 wouldn't be bad. The OE spec is 150/140 so you'd be real close.

The Ohlins Coil is excellent. Been my favorite rear shock I've every ridden.

The SJ is not going to be undergunned in the west. I rode mine frequently in bike parks & back country pedals. It's a jack of all trades sort of bike. It's not going to go down as well as a purpose built Enduro bike, nor up as fast as a purpose built XC bike. But that's sorta the point. It's a do it all.

Posted: Aug 16, 2020 at 15:50 Quote
I am looking to doing something similar.

Current setup:
Stock 2020 Stumpy ST comp alloy 29

Proposed setup:
Fox 36 160mm
X2 or DHx2 either 52.5 or 50 with CascadeComponents linkage to make rear travel 145 or 160.
And of course, the new yoke to match the 210 eye-to-eye these shocks have.

Goal:
Have an ST when I want it and eventually the parts to build out an EVO from the frame up.

My question is how do I get my hands on the shorter yoke?

Thanks for the help!

Posted: Aug 19, 2020 at 6:32 Quote
Bcollings518 wrote:

Current setup:

Proposed setup:
Fox 36 160mm
X2 or DHx2 either 52.5 or 50 with CascadeComponents linkage to make rear travel 145 or 160.

Goal:
Have an ST when I want it and eventually the parts to build out an EVO from the frame up.

Thanks for the help!

Are you looking for the standard yoke for a "regular" Stumpy?

Or an extra short one that comes stock on the ST?

Posted: Nov 28, 2020 at 17:28 Quote
Hey guys I would like to do the same on my stumpy 130/120 2020 and put a Lyrik 160 as the fork and a marrzoci back to have a travel of 140 mm. do I have anything else to change I thought to install a cascade linkge.

Posted: Dec 12, 2020 at 17:52 Quote
Lucas420 wrote:
Hey guys I would like to do the same on my stumpy 130/120 2020 and put a Lyrik 160 as the fork and a marrzoci back to have a travel of 140 mm. do I have anything else to change I thought to install a cascade linkge.

I recently converted my ST Stumpjumper to 150 front/145ish rear with with stock stumpy components. To my understanding, the 140 rear requires the shorter yoke, which I purchased online. I also have the Cascade Component Link, which is why I say 145ish. The link works with either yoke, but the shock travel determines which yoke you use. In the front, I removed the all travel spacer in the fork to make it 150mm.

Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 14:36 Quote
Hi everyone, i'm a specialized dealer and you can order the shorter yuk from your local specialized dealer with part # S186300001
They currently have plenty in stock. Long travel rear shock will have to be 210 x 50 mm and you probably need to order a different top of the shock hardware. Cheers.

Posted: May 2, 2021 at 22:41 Quote
Does anyone know if this would work with a 2021 Stumpjumper Alloy? I know the carbon frame changed, Im just not too sure if the allow frame changed as well.

Thank you

Posted: Jul 17, 2021 at 12:17 Quote
Do you need the Cascade components link? Or can you fit a 210 shock on the st stumpy just by getting the shorter yoke and have it not cause any problems?

Posted: Aug 13, 2021 at 23:04 Quote
BruisingElk wrote:
Do you need the Cascade components link? Or can you fit a 210 shock on the st stumpy just by getting the shorter yoke and have it not cause any problems?
You dont need the cascade link.
You just need the shorter yoke.

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 8:30 Quote
sekorak wrote:
BruisingElk wrote:
You dont need the cascade link.
You just need the shorter yoke.

I’ve got the link you need to convert a ST to a LT.
If anyone is interested, Inbox me.

Posted: Nov 22, 2021 at 18:47 Quote
stumpsforjumps wrote:
Bcollings518 wrote:

Current setup:

Proposed setup:
Fox 36 160mm

Goal:

Thanks for the help!

Are you looking for the standard yoke for a "regular" Stumpy?

Or an extra short one that comes stock on the ST?

Do you by chance happen to have that cascade on your bike yet? What kind of travel do you get out of it i2i?

Posted: Nov 22, 2021 at 18:51 Quote
belgianinvegas wrote:
Hi everyone, i'm a specialized dealer and you can order the shorter yuk from your local specialized dealer with part # S186300001
They currently have plenty in stock. Long travel rear shock will have to be 210 x 50 mm and you probably need to order a different top of the shock hardware. Cheers.

Thank you for posting!
Do you know by chance what i2i this specialized part makes or what length can you put? I’m trying to get to 205mm

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007987
Mobile Version of Website