Are all bikes as unreliable as the German direct sales brands?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Are all bikes as unreliable as the German direct sales brands?
| Next Page
Posted: Aug 12, 2020 at 11:26 Quote
Disappointing for sure but a number of the parts you had issues with are not made by YT. In terms of grease, yes that's a silly build quality issue but that problem is also easy to solve by just greasing the pivots.

Cheers.[/Quote]

Good point. However If I install a rear brake, made by someone else...maybe i pull the lever. Ya know, just to see if it works? True, it was made by someone else. Brake is fine. Its the install that was the issue. Then the quality control, then the follow up. Seatpost was absolute garbage. Maybe not install 2 year old recalled parts? Maybe pull the lever...ya know, to see if it works? Whatever. Live and learn. Some get lemmons. Some just fix it and go on. Some warn others who may be paying shop rate just to get out there and enjoy a new toy that cost more than the car they drive.

Posted: Aug 12, 2020 at 12:35 Quote
It’s also managing my expectations. I know that e13 doesn’t have the best reputation for parts so I’m not interested in buying the bikes that came with e13 everything on them. I also know a new bike needs a front to back check upon delivery regardless of if I buy it online or down at the local shop.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008101
Mobile Version of Website