Post your All Mountain bike!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Post your All Mountain bike!
O+
Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 21:21 Quote
twonsarelli wrote:
p-m-z wrote:
shadow-flier wrote:
Early days but I'm loving the new Altitude (A50 model). Totally stock at this point in time
Confidence inspiring and tonnes of fun to ride.

photo

photo

Looks sweet! I really love the Alititudes.

Is it just me or is rocky just killing it recently?

A host of recalls and hemorrhaging staff?

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 6:25 Quote
photo
My reactor 29 with a works -1 and 160 air shaft. Sam Hill is my god but he is truly inhuman to pedal dh22s. Switched to a dh34 in the back and I can go up hill again thank hill

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 7:08 Quote
dkidd wrote:
twonsarelli wrote:
p-m-z wrote:

Looks sweet! I really love the Alititudes.

In the words of Steve Martin - ‘a detail!’

O+
Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 8:58 Quote
twonsarelli wrote:
dkidd wrote:
twonsarelli wrote:

I have a buddy wanting either a new Slayer or Altitude, should I try and dissuade him?

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 9:01 Quote
dirtnapped wrote:
twonsarelli wrote:
dkidd wrote:

I have a buddy wanting either a new Slayer or Altitude, should I try and dissuade him?

Rocky Mountains are great bikes. New Altitude is hot.

O+
Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 9:05 Quote
dirtnapped wrote:
twonsarelli wrote:
dkidd wrote:

idk i wanted a slayer but the whole think about the rear triangle exploding was off-putting. however, everyone I've talked to around here that has one is really happy with it.

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 9:09 Quote
there are 4 new rockies in my riding group and everyone is stoked, for what it is worth

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 9:13 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
dirtnapped wrote:
twonsarelli wrote:

idk i wanted a slayer but the whole think about the rear triangle exploding was off-putting. however, everyone I've talked to around here that has one is really happy with it.

You mean in the PB test? We may never know for sure, but it seems the only thing that would have caused that failure would be someone not screwing the rear axle in, which would destroy any bike.

O+
Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 10:18 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
dirtnapped wrote:

You mean in the PB test? We may never know for sure, but it seems the only thing that would have caused that failure would be someone not screwing the rear axle in, which would destroy any bike.

yeah that seems to be the consensus. Idk why they never talked about it or went more in depth, gave the bike a second chance, just seems kinda lame after Kazimer seemed to really enjoy it in the first ride.

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 10:23 Quote
Here's my DMR Bolt that I've built up over the past year, it shreds anything you throw at it and I absolutely love it Big Grin

photo

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 11:14 Quote
harry2601 wrote:
Here's my DMR Bolt that I've built up over the past year, it shreds anything you throw at it and I absolutely love it Big Grin

photo

i love it too

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 11:16 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
fatskizz wrote:
newbermuda wrote:

i feel like if it had different colored lettering decals i would like it more

It honestly took a bit for me to appreciate it too. I love it now tho, definitely different from the normal black I see!

I get that, my bike is fugly neon pee green, but it encourages you to ride faster so that nobody sees lmao

I have a theory about riding an ugly bike. If you show up on a fancy bike (possibly with matching kit) people expect you to be a hardcore shredder. But, if you show up on an ugly bike people don't expect much from you and when you're a decent rider they are even more impressed. I rode a Mongoose Pinn'r for years and I would get the "you ride a Mongoose?!" look. Not good. I'm not the best rider but that Mongoose was actually pretty sweet. It made 2 trips to Whistler and survived a lot of crashes. Here's a pic of the Goose in action and my current ride.
photo

photo

O+
Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 13:01 Quote
dirtnapped wrote:
twonsarelli wrote:
dkidd wrote:

as long as they buy it from a dealer and get warranty support, sure! They're great looking bikes, and do a good job of making the rider the engineer.

O+
Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 13:30 Quote
photo

Picked this up yesterday. Not sure its an AM bike but its definitely fast. non-driveside pics 4 life

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 14:23 Quote
Riding it AM makes it AM In my humble opinion.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013205
Mobile Version of Website