Post your All Mountain bike!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Post your All Mountain bike!
O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2021 at 22:06 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
Thinking about putting some bling on my bike, where you all getting ti bolts from?

This is where I get mine.

https://www.probolt-usa.com/

Posted: Feb 14, 2021 at 16:23 Quote
Twenty6ers4life wrote:

lol I guess Gripshift is a love or hate thing. I love it and it’s lighter than triggers. Plus, if you have quick steep transitions from down to up, one twist gets you from full high to full low, no multiple ratcheting needed like triggers.

This is the way.

O+
Posted: Feb 14, 2021 at 17:44 Quote
Client9 wrote:
Twenty6ers4life wrote:

lol I guess Gripshift is a love or hate thing. I love it and it’s lighter than triggers. Plus, if you have quick steep transitions from down to up, one twist gets you from full high to full low, no multiple ratcheting needed like triggers.

This is the way.

Beer

O+
Posted: Feb 16, 2021 at 8:06 Quote
photo

AM bike in disguise.

Posted: Feb 16, 2021 at 8:37 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
photo

AM bike in disguise.

Ha, the impossible to get bike. Looks great.

Posted: Feb 16, 2021 at 9:17 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
photo

AM bike in disguise.

This looks great. Can’t stop thinking it’d be fun to get a short travel rig and this seems like a logical option. How is it?!

O+
Posted: Feb 16, 2021 at 10:26 Quote
twonsarelli wrote:
This looks great. Can’t stop thinking it’d be fun to get a short travel rig and this seems like a logical option. How is it?!

I've been using it to explore a lot of new-to-me trails totally blind, as it allows you to spend lots of time in the saddle getting to places you may not usually ride. some of them end up being legitimate dh bike territory, but the spur handles it and gets down very quickly (probably because the 180/160 rotors don't want to slow me down very much). in this regard, it rewards good bike handling, doesn't feel like it would let me get away with making mistakes haha. Not a bike you can just let do the work for you or plow, imo. But then you can take KOMs on flat corner trails. I like it cause i can find new trails on long 40-50mi rides, and then come back with my big bike and actually ride fast. I need to be more careful though, its very much not a replacement for an enduro bike.

Posted: Feb 16, 2021 at 10:37 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
twonsarelli wrote:

I've been using it to explore a lot of new-to-me trails totally blind, as it allows you to spend lots of time in the saddle getting to places you may not usually ride. some of them end up being legitimate dh bike territory, but the spur handles it and gets down very quickly (probably because the 180/160 rotors don't want to slow me down very much). in this regard, it rewards good bike handling, doesn't feel like it would let me get away with making mistakes haha. Not a bike you can just let do the work for you or plow, imo. But then you can take KOMs on flat corner trails. I like it cause i can find new trails on long 40-50mi rides, and then come back with my big bike and actually ride fast. I need to be more careful though, its very much not a replacement for an enduro bike.

ok that is good to know. i had a ripley ls for a couple of years and it was great for big days (although my SB5.5 has taken me over 70mi so it is more than happy for long rides too) exploring while still being very capable on the descents. The yeti is now my 'small' bike but i can't help but think something more trail focused would be a good addition. How does the rear feel with such a tiny shock? I fear running anything but the X2 or 11.6 because the performance is just so much better than what i've felt from little shocks in the past.

O+
Posted: Feb 16, 2021 at 12:06 Quote
twonsarelli wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
twonsarelli wrote:

ok that is good to know. i had a ripley ls for a couple of years and it was great for big days (although my SB5.5 has taken me over 70mi so it is more than happy for long rides too) exploring while still being very capable on the descents. The yeti is now my 'small' bike but i can't help but think something more trail focused would be a good addition. How does the rear feel with such a tiny shock? I fear running anything but the X2 or 11.6 because the performance is just so much better than what i've felt from little shocks in the past.

So far so good, but i tend to like my setup more firm, so i stick to 25% sag (which i think helps on some of the bigger hits as well). Rebound is fully fast on the shock, which ive never done on another. Obviously compared against my dhx2 its nowhere near as supple, but you can really beat the shit out of the spur before it gives you the smack. im not familiar with tahoe trails, as i spend all my vacation time in downieville haha, but ive taken the spur down mile and crack in pacifica and it held up good, with even gnarlier trails near my house probably being the upper limit of what is rideable on it, and even then id be much more likely to grab the big bike.

Posted: Feb 16, 2021 at 12:32 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
twonsarelli wrote:
newbermuda wrote:

So far so good, but i tend to like my setup more firm, so i stick to 25% sag (which i think helps on some of the bigger hits as well). Rebound is fully fast on the shock, which ive never done on another. Obviously compared against my dhx2 its nowhere near as supple, but you can really beat the shit out of the spur before it gives you the smack. im not familiar with tahoe trails, as i spend all my vacation time in downieville haha, but ive taken the spur down mile and crack in pacifica and it held up good, with even gnarlier trails near my house probably being the upper limit of what is rideable on it, and even then id be much more likely to grab the big bike.

downieville is a good barometer. my ripley was super fast there (~30 seconds slower than yeti overall) but i was running a DBIL and a 140mm pike, so probably a bit of extra performance vs the SID stuff on the spur. Thanks for the info!

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2021 at 8:26 Quote
yousaffaraz26 wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:
sherbet wrote:
Been super torn on that colour. Some days I love it, some days I hate it. Either way, sick bike man!

Split pea green should be left in the 70's on the fridges and other ugly housewares. Just like the taupe of the late 80's and early 90's that was on all computers...I hope that shit doesn't come back as well.
Have you any idea freon-leak fridges. How Do You Know If Your Refrigerator is Leaking Freon?
How To Tell If User is Fake please.biz

Much excite.

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2021 at 8:29 Quote
i think the joke is supposed to go "is your refrigerator running?"

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2021 at 9:35 Quote
Dude is spamming a bunch of threads, already got his account deleted.

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2021 at 12:07 Quote
Nearing completion on this build...pretty stoked.

photo

Posted: Mar 31, 2021 at 12:11 Quote
aribr wrote:
Nearing completion on this build...pretty stoked.

photo

looks ready from here! which size did you get? i am 5'6" and got a L and am loving it so far. feels big but very plush and surprisingly nimble

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015134
Mobile Version of Website