O+ FL
Posted: Aug 17, 2020 at 17:57 Quote
Saved weight by removing spokes eh Rattsl? lol

..bikes looking good man.

Posted: Aug 17, 2020 at 18:44 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
Saved weight by removing spokes eh Rattsl? lol

..bikes looking good man.

I just noticed that. Wtf lmao. Blame the phones camera.

Thanks dude.

O+
Posted: Aug 23, 2020 at 8:33 Quote
photo
photo
So, after is said I wanted a new fork and wheels... I got a new fork and wheels. Might look into a new seatpost with more drop... OneUp or PNW?

FL
Posted: Aug 23, 2020 at 10:08 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
photo
photo
So, after is said I wanted a new fork and wheels... I got a new fork and wheels. Might look into a new seatpost with more drop... OneUp or PNW?

Have had 3 OneUp droppers (including on my current bike) and only good experiences. The remote is fantastic as well, so I'd recommend it too. The insertion depth is as good or better than anything I've found. I was able to replace a 150mm transfer with a 170mm OneUP, for example.

O+
Posted: Aug 23, 2020 at 10:19 Quote
I’m leaning towards the 210 one up and lever. Seems to be a solid price on the whole kit. The reverb hasn’t failed me and I only want a new post for the extra drop. No other reason than that for now.

Posted: Sep 11, 2020 at 13:26 Quote
So this just happened.... I traded in my SB100 frame and Fox 34 fork, for a new SB115 and a Pike Ultimate. It's now 130mm up front, and 115mm out back. Also the anthracite and silver combo looks much better than the Yeti turquoise frame and black fork. I know there's a lot of Yeti hate on the forums, but I like the way this turned out.

Perhaps not truly "all mountain", and maybe more XC, but here she is anyway..

photo
photo
photo
photo

O+
Posted: Sep 11, 2020 at 13:37 Quote
Looks great! All mountain is determined by the rider in my opinion.

Posted: Sep 11, 2020 at 13:46 Quote
So then that bike is defo XC!! Maybe just a gravel bike then!! lol Love you Fred!!

O+
Posted: Sep 11, 2020 at 14:06 Quote
looks like a nate hills build, which is far from a bad thing

O+
Posted: Sep 11, 2020 at 14:10 Quote
fredro wrote:
So this just happened.... I traded in my SB100 frame and Fox 34 fork, for a new SB115 and a Pike Ultimate. It's now 130mm up front, and 115mm out back. Also the anthracite and silver combo looks much better than the Yeti turquoise frame and black fork. I know there's a lot of Yeti hate on the forums, but I like the way this turned out.

Perhaps not truly "all mountain", and maybe more XC, but here she is anyway..

I'm jealous. Looks like a fun bike.

Posted: Sep 11, 2020 at 14:14 Quote
Tks dudes. First ride Sunday....

O+
Posted: Sep 11, 2020 at 16:21 Quote
My quite heavily upgrade 2019 Giant Trance, it would probably be faster to list stock components left than parts I've replaced- frame (obviously), dropper post (except for WolfTooth Components ReMote lever), drivetrain (except for upgraded XT cassette), and brakes (except for upgraded metallic pads and XT rotors). Everything else has been upgraded from the stock components

It has served me well in everything from long XC rides to shredding double black diamond trails at DH parks; A true do-it-all bike

The completed build for 2020 in all its glory. New for this year is a Fox 34 Factory GRIP2 fork Fox DPX2 Factory shock RaceFace Turbine R wheels with Shimano XT cassette and brake rotors and an Industry Nine A318 stem

Anyone else love doing high-end builds on alloy frames?

Posted: Sep 11, 2020 at 16:44 Quote
matt-15 wrote:

Nope, I love buying a steel frame to do a budget build then dropping thousands into it accidentally.

O+
Posted: Sep 11, 2020 at 16:49 Quote
speshiz wrote:
matt-15 wrote:

Nope, I love buying a steel frame to do a budget build then dropping thousands into it accidentally.

Ah yes, the classic "I can build this up for less than $1500" $5000 bike

Basically how this started "hey this $3200 bike has great components that should last me years!" *one year and another $4000 later*...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022950
Mobile Version of Website