Kona Process X

Previous Page |
Posted: Aug 4, 2020 at 10:06 Quote
https://www.konaworld.com/process_x.cfm

Kona released new super enduro / freeride 29er. What are your thoughts?
-mullet compatible
-modern geo
-adjustable chainstays
-operator looking rear end.
-extra slack head angle

I wouuld say this machine to be quite radical to be honest.

Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 6:18 Quote
I really like the adjustable chainstays and flip chip to support a mullet setup. Not many bikes are offering those features at the moment. The geometry looks good too. I'm looking forward to taking one out for a demo. The biggest issue I see is the cost compared to the components. GX cranks and mediocre wheels on a $7k bike is pretty poor. Not that those are bad components but they shouldn't be on such an expensive bike. There are many bikes which can be had with full X01 and i9 Hydras or carbon wheels for similar cost and I'm not including direct to consume brands.

Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 6:37 Quote
Geometry and aesthetic wise looks great. Suspension wise would like to know more about progressivity and antisquat values, also wonder why with it being a 'freeride' bike they put such a low end shock on it, not even a reservoir shock let alone a coil. If it is linear or not coil compatible then they have shot themselves in the foot, chances are other brands will follow suit geometry wise over the next year or two. Also would have been nice to see at least 170mm on the rear. Funny how slowly but steadily the big brands are approaching those crazy overly extreme numbers Geometron has been pushing for the last 5 years. If you want the latest and greatest tech don't buy a mainstream brand. If you want a pretty plastic bike to pose at the trail meanwhile go ahead.

Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 8:06 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
Geometry and aesthetic wise looks great. Suspension wise would like to know more about progressivity and antisquat values, also wonder why with it being a 'freeride' bike they put such a low end shock on it, not even a reservoir shock let alone a coil. If it is linear or not coil compatible then they have shot themselves in the foot, chances are other brands will follow suit geometry wise over the next year or two. Also would have been nice to see at least 170mm on the rear. Funny how slowly but steadily the big brands are approaching those crazy overly extreme numbers Geometron has been pushing for the last 5 years. If you want the latest and greatest tech don't buy a mainstream brand. If you want a pretty plastic bike to pose at the trail meanwhile go ahead.

I think you're looking at a different bike. Both Process X models have reservoir shocks. I'm also very interested in knowing what the suspension kinematics are like. From past experience with a number of bikes, I wouldn't buy any bike too linear to work well with a coil. Regardless if I was planning to run a coil or not.

Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 8:48 Quote
My bad, quickly glanced yesterday and saw it had a dps or something and not an X2 or a coil, for me it would be the rear suspension that makes or breaks this bike as everything else is on point. The all black one is nice looking anyway, not sold on the other one.

Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 10:40 Quote
Ordered one. Should have in the middle of march. We shall see how it compares to mondraker foxy 29. About to put ext fork and shock to it and race face next-r36 wheels.

Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 17:43 Quote
Cura wrote:
Ordered one. Should have in the middle of march. We shall see how it compares to mondraker foxy 29. About to put ext fork and shock to it and race face next-r36 wheels.

march? these will be available worldwide end of sept.

Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 21:40 Quote
I guess it is the case if the shop has preordered these. My lbs didn’t and the first free badge for size large was available on march. Only size small was available on september according to kona europe.

Posted: Feb 23, 2021 at 18:59 Quote
Does anybody know what exact coil shock will fit on the process x and if I would need new hardware as well?

Posted: Feb 24, 2021 at 0:23 Quote
20.0x8mm hardware size. There is plenty of space for different shocks.

Fox Dpx2, x2 and dhx2 ; EXT Storia, Rockshox Super deluxe coil will all fit. I will be testing the fitment of the Formula MOD next week

Im running my own with EXT.

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 0:45 Quote
Does anybody know if the special brake adapter will work with 203mm rotors when switching between chainstay lengths? I know I'm the tech video it only mentioned 200 and 220mm rotors, no word of 203mm adapters. I have pre-prdered a 2022 frame and I hope I'm not screwed if I wanna run Shimano brakes. Does anybody have any info on this?

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 3:36 Quote
The special brake adapter is only for the long chainstay setup. It fits perfectly with 200mm rotor on so you would need to put small spacers between the brake caliper and brake adapter.

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 7:57 Quote

I dont have a better picture but here you can see the adapter with hope v4 and 200mm rotor

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 8:15 Quote
Alright thanks, I was hoping I wouldn't have to use spacers but I guess not.

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 9:41 Quote
If i were you, I would ask kona tech support. My bike originally came with 203mm rear rotor so I would expect it to work with some ’official’ combination.

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006623
Mobile Version of Website