2021 Stumpjumper

PB Forum :: Specialized
2021 Stumpjumper
Posted: Jan 6, 2021 at 9:57 Quote
AndrewFleming wrote:
coop08 wrote:
AndrewFleming wrote:

I was in a similar situation - close enough - my plan was to buy a new bike in March or April. I found a Stumpy in stock at a shop 2.5 hrs away and I grabbed it. I pick up on Monday. You might find a bike at the end of April, but if your local shop has one now, I say go for it.

Andrew, as someone from Georgia scouring all over for an EVO, mind sharing the name of the shop?

Thanks!

I used Specialized bike finder feature on their website for the bike and size I wanted and a shop in Hoover AL - Bike Link - had one on the floor. I called, paid for it and need to drive out to get it. Try that feature and see what comes up. The local Specialized dealers around Atlanta don't have much inventory.

I did the same, just started throwing in different zip codes into the search tool. At this point you will need to find LBS's that arent online.

Posted: Jan 6, 2021 at 11:07 Quote
AndrewFleming wrote:
coop08 wrote:
AndrewFleming wrote:

I was in a similar situation - close enough - my plan was to buy a new bike in March or April. I found a Stumpy in stock at a shop 2.5 hrs away and I grabbed it. I pick up on Monday. You might find a bike at the end of April, but if your local shop has one now, I say go for it.

Andrew, as someone from Georgia scouring all over for an EVO, mind sharing the name of the shop?

Thanks!

I used Specialized bike finder feature on their website for the bike and size I wanted and a shop in Hoover AL - Bike Link - had one on the floor. I called, paid for it and need to drive out to get it. Try that feature and see what comes up. The local Specialized dealers around Atlanta don't have much inventory.

This is exactly how I got mine. Checked the site and showed me who had it and I called and found a bike.

Posted: Jan 7, 2021 at 8:51 Quote
Found an Evo Expert in North Carolina and Ive never clicked purchase faster haha. Will be picking it up this weekend. I decided to size down to an S3 as I am 5'10".

Posted: Jan 11, 2021 at 4:18 Quote
How would you compare this bike to the new Rocky Mountain altitude? Climbing and descending.

Posted: Jan 11, 2021 at 4:59 Quote
Feded wrote:
How would you compare this bike to the new Rocky Mountain altitude? Climbing and descending.

They were both just featured in the field test. You should probably be able to get a fairly good idea from watching those.

Posted: Jan 11, 2021 at 7:48 Quote
Stumpy's in Canada just got a big price bump, the expert went from $7099 to $7599

The S-works model is now $15,000 Eek

Posted: Jan 11, 2021 at 12:38 Quote
Glad I grabbed mine before Christmas. Comps went up by $320 CAD, so $360 after tax.

Posted: Jan 16, 2021 at 19:19 Quote
p3pb20007108.jpg

First ride on the new Stumpy today. Expert size 5. The finish is so nice, gloss over raw carbon on the top half of the frame and matte black in lower half and rear triangle.

Only made a few tweaks:
- swapped in 175 cranks (stock were 170)
- put on my Thomson ti bars with a i9 stem.
- changed to a Fabric ti railed saddle (after the ride)

Rides nice, really stable. I need to sort out the suspension a bit but I’m close. I’ll add more after a few rides.

Posted: Jan 17, 2021 at 0:17 Quote
Brodybro29 wrote:
Hi guys,

do you know which chain guide fits on the new SJ? I have a MRP sxg which doesn't fit because it requests the 3bolts and a classic 2 bolts top guide from Nukeproof which doesn't fit neither because it touches the chainstay... It seems like there is not much room for a guide and the chain stay pivot is quite prominent. I am a little bit annoyed that I have 2 spare guides and none of them is useable!
Thanks!

Nobody Smile ?

Posted: Jan 17, 2021 at 0:55 Quote
AndrewFleming wrote:
p3pb20007108.jpg

First ride on the new Stumpy today. Expert size 5. The finish is so nice, gloss over raw carbon on the top half of the frame and matte black in lower half and rear triangle.

Only made a few tweaks:
- swapped in 175 cranks (stock were 170)
- put on my Thomson ti bars with a i9 stem.
- changed to a Fabric ti railed saddle (after the ride)

Rides nice, really stable. I need to sort out the suspension a bit but I’m close. I’ll add more after a few rides.

Posted: Jan 17, 2021 at 14:26 Quote
Thanks! Rookie mistake.

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 4:52 Quote
For whatever its worth and for those wondering on delivery times. Placed an order for an Expert S4 the day after they announced the bikes and just picked it up from the LBS on the 16th (Jan). So about 3 months from order to delivery. The rest of this mid-west winter is gonna drag now lol cheers everyone

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 6:26 Quote

2nd ride - Coldwater Mountain in AL, 17 miles, 2,400 ft of elevation. I'm loving the bike. Climbs smooth and faster than I expected coming off a more xc-orientated bike. Flies downhill especially now that I'm getting my body position in the right spot. I still need to balance the suspension as I'm using all of it in rear but only about 2/3 of it on the fork. I'm not loving the stock 2.3 tires, they feel hard and harsh even at a low psi. And the Deity grips are fat, not a good combo with winter gloves. Grips are an easy fix and I'll work with the tires for now.

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 15:37 Quote
If anyone is looking for a stumpjumper AF Berkshire bike and board in Massachusetts has a few in various sizes

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 17:19 Quote
We have a few company-wide, Mike's Bikes in the California Bay Area. Can't ship 2021 bikes but we have 12 stores around the Bay.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006840
Mobile Version of Website