2021 Stumpjumper

PB Forum :: Specialized
2021 Stumpjumper
Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 4:10 Quote
Brodybro29 wrote:
Hi,

I have asked last time without luck, anybody can recommend a good chain guide for the stumpjumper?
I also would like to have a bashguard, is it possible to install an iscg adapter on the bottombracket or even directly a bash guard there, as there are only two fixations points on the frame?

Cheers

I had a One Up Components Chain Guide V2 on mine, worked fine and pretty quiet, although I did Velcro mine. They do a bash version which would work fine even with two fixation points. Both links below, you can change region on the site. I'm not sure an adaptor would fit as the mounts are already there.

https://uk.oneupcomponents.com/collections/chainguide/products/chain-guide-iscg05-v2

https://uk.oneupcomponents.com/collections/chainguide/products/bashguide-v2-iscg05

Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 5:06 Quote
Im running the one up guide on my Evo and am happy with it. Seems to be guiding as well as Moses..

Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 6:18 Quote
Thanks guys I will check the one up guide !

I am still a little bit afraid to have a bash guard on two bolts only, if the bash guard breaks it's alright but if it breaks the frame it's more annoying ! I might drop a message to Specialized to know if the lifetime warranty covers the use of a bash guard actually

Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 9:06 Quote
Yea, I was looking for a chain ring mounted guard when I had my stumpy with only 2 holes but never got very far. I did see pics of people mounting a regular bash guard to just the 2 holes but I never really liked the idea either. I’d rather chip a chain ring than crack a frame! Good luck!

Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 9:40 Quote
Hmm I have a One up V2 bash guide being shipped to me now. Is only having 2 out of the 3 bolts that detrimental?

Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 9:46 Quote
@ Bad-
I don’t know how detrimental it would be, but it will put more force on the remaining 2 mounts than if it had the 3rd. Likely multiplied due to the leverage of the guard hanging unsupported past the bottom mount. I’m sure it’ll mount up, and I’m sure people have run it. I elected not to, seemed like it would possibly cause more damage than it was protecting from to me.

Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 10:17 Quote
I have dropped a message to Specialized about it, I will let you know when they answer !

Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 17:45 Quote
Hi All,

Saw a recent post semi-relating to this in this thread but wanted to expand a bit. How many folks in here ride the S6 Evo? Mind me asking what your height and inseam are? I’m 6’5 with long legs (inseam ~38”) so I generally assume I’d be on the S6 but curious what others who have actually ridden one think!

Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 17:51 Quote
BryanBobo wrote:
I’m 6’5 with long legs (inseam ~38”) so I generally assume I’d be on the S6

Yea, you’d be on the S6. I’m 6’1” with a 34” inseam and I have a S5 and there’s a ton of seatpost out.

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 2:06 Quote
BryanBobo wrote:
Hi All,

Saw a recent post semi-relating to this in this thread but wanted to expand a bit. How many folks in here ride the S6 Evo? Mind me asking what your height and inseam are? I’m 6’5 with long legs (inseam ~38”) so I generally assume I’d be on the S6 but curious what others who have actually ridden one think!

I'm 6'5" and had an S6. For me personally it was way too big, so if you can I'd try and find one to try. Otherwise you might end up wasting money like I did Frown Saying that the guy I sold it too was 6'3", so who knows :/

Posted: Mar 5, 2021 at 6:51 Quote
Brodybro29 wrote:
I have dropped a message to Specialized about it, I will let you know when they answer !

Answer from Specialized: It is possible to install a bash guard on the iscg mounts of the stumpjumper carbon 2021, good news !

Posted: Mar 5, 2021 at 8:12 Quote
Brodybro29 wrote:
Brodybro29 wrote:

Answer from Specialized: It is possible to install a bash guard on the iscg mounts of the stumpjumper carbon 2021, good news !

And now I just see the exploded iscg mounts from riding with a bash guard on the Megatower tread Eek

Posted: Mar 5, 2021 at 12:36 Quote
My new Stumpy Smile

That raw carbon

Posted: Mar 5, 2021 at 13:46 Quote
Brodybro29 wrote:
Brodybro29 wrote:
Brodybro29 wrote:

And now I just see the exploded iscg mounts from riding with a bash guard on the Megatower tread Eek

Wut..

Posted: Mar 5, 2021 at 13:48 Quote
Badsoupp wrote:
Brodybro29 wrote:
Brodybro29 wrote:

Wut..

If you hit it hard enough, it will break. :-)

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006749
Mobile Version of Website