2021 Stumpjumper

PB Forum :: Specialized
2021 Stumpjumper
Posted: May 8, 2021 at 15:14 Quote
My 2021 Evo! Upgraded the wheels with some Nobl TR37 with Onyx Vesper Hubs!

photo
photo

Posted: May 8, 2021 at 16:13 Quote
BryanBobo wrote:
My 2021 Evo! Upgraded the wheels with some Nobl TR37 with Onyx Vesper Hubs!

photo
HeeeLL Yeah!!! ToTaL f'n bad*SS bIkE!!! You've joined the SWAT club lol!

StuMPjuMpeRZ RoooL!!! You just made me want to go out and ride, damn I have to wait 'till tomorrow Madder

~JSV

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 9:32 Quote
Just finished my 2021 s4 sworks stumpjumper
photo

photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
Frame stump jumper sworks s4
2480g bare 5.46lb
Headset 64.6g
Star nut, top cap, bolt 15.2g
Stem spacer small 8.9g
Stem spacer large 15.2g
Swat door and cage 79.9g
Crank brothers mini pump 152.6
Chain guide and hardware 40.8g
Swat bag 34.6g

Fork fox 34 factory grip 2 full tube and axle 4.64lb
Seatpost fox transfer factory 175mm 625g
Oneup dropper lever 45.3g
Oneup dropper cable 62.3g
Ergon sm pro 250g
Seat storage bracket 7.6g
Stock front axil 115.2
Kabolt axil35.6

Stem renthal apex stem 35 33mm 114.4g
Bars renthal carbon lite 35 185.5g
Grips renthal traction kevlar 110.5g

Ebc 180mm rotor 146.5g
Ebc 203mm rotors 190.9g
Ebc 4pistont front pads 24g
Ebc 2 piston rear pads 25g

Magure front brake assy oem pads 232.8g
Magura front pads 21g
Magura rear brake assy Oem pads 210.5g
Magura rear pads 20.6g
Magura caliper bolts
Front brake adapter 29.6g

Sram xx1 non drive crank arm  207.4g
Sram xx1 crank arm drive + screws 164.8
Sram xx1 crank arm boots 6g each
Absolute black oval chain ring 30t 52.3g
Sram xx1 derailleur 50t max 266.1g
Sram xx1 shifter, cable, clamp no housing 135g
Sram dub bsa bb 4.5 spacer 78.4g
Sram 34t eagle x sync 2 sl 62.9g
Sram x01 chain 233.6g 112links
E13 helix r12 intergalactic 363g

Rear wheel stans flow cb7 29", i9 hydra classic hubs, DT Swiss Competition spokes black,DT Swiss ProLock Squorx nipples, xd driver weight 969g

Front wheel stans flow cb7 29", i9 hydra classic hubs, DT Swiss Competition spokes black,DT Swiss ProLock Squorx nipples weight 848g

Valve stems muc off 40mm 11.4g

Wheelset 1817g.

Maxxis rekon 2.4wt exo,tr,sk,DC 882g, 873g

Brake rotor bolts X¹² ti alloy 17.3g

Expido Baldwin Ti pedals 307.5

28.1 lb with pedals, tubeless, and empty swat

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 10:02 Quote
I am having an issue eliminating movement in my upper headset. I have added plenty of grease and I am using the supplied file cap, and carob spacers. My stem topcap has plenty of preload and it it not bottoming it on the fork steer tube. Any suggestions

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 12:57 Quote
Anyone have issues with a little water getting into the lower SWAT?

I "think" it leaked in while I was doing a hefty bike cleaning the other day. I may not have closed it tightly once while it was on/off a couple times. The SWAT bag had a little bit of water down where it sits near the BB. Seemed like it was only on the bag and didn't get into the lower BB of the downtube. It may have picked up water while outside the bike during cleaning--it was only on that bottom 2 inches though? No rag stuffed in there picked up water, but there was that bit on the bag so I thought I'd ask if someone had this happen.

Been through water, puddles, and some serious mud on a couple rides, never had a drop get in there yet. Just wondered if anyone has had this leak before. (mine is a 2019 but has only been ridden this season)

~JSV

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 13:03 Quote
myz250f wrote:
I am having an issue eliminating movement in my upper headset. I have added plenty of grease and I am using the supplied file cap, and carob spacers. My stem topcap has plenty of preload and it it not bottoming it on the fork steer tube. Any suggestions

Any chance the top cap is bottoming on the star-flanged nut? I've seen that a few times. I've also seen a top cap with an annoyingly prominent shoulder bottom against a steerer I felt certain was far enough below the top spacer, so you could try a taller spacer over the stem to be absolutely certain.

O+
Posted: May 11, 2021 at 16:02 Quote
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:

~JSV

It’s not a waterproof compartment, but it does have drain holes at the bottom to allow any water to drain out. No big deal, just make sure your extra sh!t tickets in a ziplock!

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 17:19 Quote
Chief2slo wrote:
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:

~JSV

It’s not a waterproof compartment, but it does have drain holes at the bottom to allow any water to drain out. No big deal, just make sure your extra sh!t tickets in a ziplock!
Oh man of course! That's right, forgot about that. Makes sense. That's exactly where the swat-bag got wet when I was spraying water up there rinsing while I was cleaning. Thanks!

Yeah I keep important things in a small sealed plastic anyway, like bandages, gauze, extra breathe right strip--good thinking

~JSV

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 4:48 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
myz250f wrote:

Any chance the top cap is bottoming on the star-flanged nut? I've seen that a few times. I've also seen a top cap with an annoyingly prominent shoulder bottom against a steerer I felt certain was far enough below the top spacer, so you could try a taller spacer over the stem to be absolutely certain.

The star nut is deep enough into the steer tube and I added an extra spacer to make sure the top cap hitting the steer tube wasn't the issue. The only way I can get 95% of the play out is to make the star nut tension so tight that the steering is too tight.

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 6:26 Quote
Are you 100% sure that the play comes from the headset only?
Might be worth checking the front hub and the fork bushings, even the brake caliper and disc

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 7:46 Quote
myz250f wrote:
R-M-R wrote:
myz250f wrote:

The star nut is deep enough into the steer tube and I added an extra spacer to make sure the top cap hitting the steer tube wasn't the issue. The only way I can get 95% of the play out is to make the star nut tension so tight that the steering is too tight.

Something is wrong, then. Incorrect headset assembly, out-of-spec tolerances, damaged frame, or badly worn bearings.

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 13:33 Quote
Just for an update, I was able to convert to tubeless without retaping the rims! Too easy.

For people who have upgraded to 150mm fork, what fork did you go with and do you feel the bike is more capable? Any downsides (sluggish)?

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 7:56 Quote
I have the Pike in 150mm, feels good !
It is not night and day compared to 140mm, I have just dropped 1cm of spacers under the stem to keep the front wheel on the ground while climbing. Feels a touch more stable on the downhills maybe more from the new HTA than the 1cm travel more, probably the biggest effect is psychological knowing that there is this 1cm extra travel in case of bigger hit! I might try the flip chip in high position next time out of curiosity.

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 8:15 Quote
Some time ago was this discussion if a coil shock would fit and work on the stumpy 2021.
A classic coil might be too linear but what about something like an EXT Storia, did it already cross somebody's mind?

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 11:01 Quote
The Storia also has a linear spring rate. The hydraulic bottom-out feature is a much more sophisticated version of the elastomer cone that typical coil shocks use as a bottom-out bumper, but the function is similar. EXT's HBC feature acts over a slightly longer range than some elastomer cones, but not that much longer.

If you want to use a coil shock, the first step is to use a progressive-wound spring, which are available from MRP and Cane Creek, among others, and could be combined with an EXT shock.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017922
Mobile Version of Website