2021 Stumpjumper

PB Forum :: Specialized
2021 Stumpjumper
O+
Posted: Jun 8, 2021 at 9:11 Quote
What XT crank are you guys running (M8100 or M8120)?

Also, is the rear brake set for a 180 rotor (sans adapter)?

O+
Posted: Jun 8, 2021 at 10:02 Quote
Tinshield wrote:
What XT crank are you guys running (M8100 or M8120)?

Also, is the rear brake set for a 180 rotor (sans adapter)?

rear brake is PM180 standard

Posted: Jun 9, 2021 at 13:00 Quote
Thank you for all of the responses pertaining to my rear shock question. I guess you are right. It's just taking some time to get used to. I'm not bottoming out and it doesn't feel harsh. I guess it's just not as supple feeling as my last rig. But it is far better in many other ways. Cheers!

O+
Posted: Jun 9, 2021 at 17:02 Quote
Anyone have a Shimano crank on their 21 SJ? I need to know what chainline I need.

O+
Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 5:56 Quote
Never seen these in a frame before? Are they guides for the housing?

S-Works cables

O+
Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 6:19 Quote
Tinshield wrote:

S-Works cables

Yep push against them with your housing to help get them routed through the chainstays

O+
Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 6:33 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
Tinshield wrote:

S-Works cables

Yep push against them with your housing to help get them routed through the chainstays

Great thanks!

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 9:47 Quote
Hi,

Does somebody know the color code of the white mountains color by chance?
I would like to try a tone on tone specialized logo on the downtube
Thanks

O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 20:32 Quote
Hi all,

Picked up my 21 Stumpjumper Comp about a month ago and just wanted to share with you all. I’ve been on a mountain bike since I was 8yo, but had taken a few years off when my closest riding buddy, my dad, got sick and ultimately passed away last year. Having primarily been riding DH and shuttle runs forever, I now needed something I could climb and descend on and I’m super happy with my purchase so far. I’m not even 130lbs and I’ve ridden some pretty hairy lines and larger jumps on this thing without any issue with too little suspension travel.

So far, I’ve picked up an M8100 XT shifter/rear derailleur, M8100 crankset, Thomson 40mm stem, and installed one of those baby Oneup chain guides. My LBS ended up selling me the guide for cheap bc they couldn’t find the hardware to the Specialized one they recommended I get. The guide is a little tight with the chain stay pivot and I had to rotate it forward, but it seems to be working out just fine.

I’m sidelined for about a month, as I had to have surgery to remove melanoma the dermatologist found on my neck, so I figured I would kill some time at least talking about bikes!

photo
photo
photo

Posted: Jun 24, 2021 at 19:59 Quote
afterbangin wrote:
Hi all,

Picked up my 21 Stumpjumper Comp about a month ago and just wanted to share with you all. I’ve been on a mountain bike since I was 8yo, but had taken a few years off when my closest riding buddy, my dad, got sick and ultimately passed away last year. Having primarily been riding DH and shuttle runs forever, I now needed something I could climb and descend on and I’m super happy with my purchase so far. I’m not even 130lbs and I’ve ridden some pretty hairy lines and larger jumps on this thing without any issue with too little suspension travel.

So far, I’ve picked up an M8100 XT shifter/rear derailleur, M8100 crankset, Thomson 40mm stem, and installed one of those baby Oneup chain guides. My LBS ended up selling me the guide for cheap bc they couldn’t find the hardware to the Specialized one they recommended I get. The guide is a little tight with the chain stay pivot and I had to rotate it forward, but it seems to be working out just fine.

I’m sidelined for about a month, as I had to have surgery to remove melanoma the dermatologist found on my neck, so I figured I would kill some time at least talking about bikes!
No, there's well enough travel on these things for most trail riding. I guess the suspension set-up would determine HOW it utilizes that travel, but even though there's just a LITTLE bit less now (maybe 10mm) these are still one of the best all-purpose MTB rides, and like I was saying very customizable and adaptable.

If you really enjoy this you might want to look into the cascade link. Totally changed my '19 Stumpy expert into a different class. Added a factory DPX2 as well as a few other things too, so. Hey! You're in the SWAT club now too! Awesome. You're gonna' love that bike. Looks killer! Good goin'. Hope you're out riding again s00000n...

~JSV

O+
Posted: Jun 24, 2021 at 20:58 Quote
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:
afterbangin wrote:
Hi all,

No, there's well enough travel on these things for most trail riding. I guess the suspension set-up would determine HOW it utilizes that travel, but even though there's just a LITTLE bit less now (maybe 10mm) these are still one of the best all-purpose MTB rides, and like I was saying very customizable and adaptable.

If you really enjoy this you might want to look into the cascade link. Totally changed my '19 Stumpy expert into a different class. Added a factory DPX2 as well as a few other things too, so. Hey! You're in the SWAT club now too! Awesome. You're gonna' love that bike. Looks killer! Good goin'. Hope you're out riding again s00000n...

~JSV

Is the new cascade link out for the 2021 stumpy?

I;ve now been on my 2021 carbon comp bike for 3 months and love it...though find I'm bottoming out on black jump trails quite a bit....will add more air to the rear and see if that helps before I start considering spacers.
I do though, love how fast this bike is!
The stock hand grips were a must swap...they felt small and my hands tingled with them...my PNW grips are now doing the job intended. Also, love my one up pedals...highly recommend them.

Posted: Jun 24, 2021 at 21:14 Quote
Nope, no Cascade link for the 21 and newer SJ, only the EVO.

O+
Posted: Jun 25, 2021 at 16:16 Quote
bentin wrote:
Yeah, that's what I though...keep seeing it recommended here on the SJ forum.

Posted: Jun 25, 2021 at 16:32 Quote
littlechilds wrote:
bentin wrote:
Yeah, that's what I though...keep seeing it recommended here on the SJ forum.

Some of us EVO owners aren’t the smartest and post in your world by mistake now and then. But hey, we do have a Cascade link!

O+
Posted: Jul 1, 2021 at 12:09 Quote
Anyone else's rear tire buzzing the rear stay when hitting jumps and such? Pretty sure it's not my ass on the tire...

I'm on the stock tires too... Wasn't expecting that.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012801
Mobile Version of Website