We Are One Faction Wheels w/DT 350 CL and upgraded ratchet
Bontrager XR4 2.4 Team Issue tires
Fox 175 Transfer dropper with Shimano XTR lever
Renthal Fat lite bar with Renthal 33mm stem
ODI elite pro grips
SDG Bel Air 3.0 saddle

Weight with pedals 27.5 lbs.

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 3:45 Quote
Bike shops are doing their booking for next year. I'm interested to order a SJ Expert in size S2. Can anyone tell me the weight of a Stumpy Expert in size S2 ?

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 10:42 Quote
Anyone else find the Fox 34 Grip2 overly harsh? Ive tried a few settings and its not nearly as plush as the Pike on my old bike. Would like to hear your thoughts. Ive got a 2021 Stumpy Expert with the performance elite fork. The rear of the bike feels like butter but the fork doesn't feel right.

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 12:46 Quote
arrowheadrush wrote:
Anyone else find the Fox 34 Grip2 overly harsh? Ive tried a few settings and its not nearly as plush as the Pike on my old bike. Would like to hear your thoughts. Ive got a 2021 Stumpy Expert with the performance elite fork. The rear of the bike feels like butter but the fork doesn't feel right.

I have been really struggling with the fork but I think I have it figured out. First, my negative air spring was filled with grease. A lowers service made a huge difference. As counterintuitive as it sounds, try a higher pressure and faster rebound. Made all the difference to me. I had been running lower than recommended pressure with a bit of LSC to prevent diving, but the fork was very harsh except for big hits. Switching to a higher pressure and very little compression damping, combined with a fast rebound setting worked great. Also running just 1 token. For reference I am 175lbs, running 80PSI, open HSC and LSC, 8 clicks out LSR, 7 clicks out HSR (almost all the way open).

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 13:03 Quote
Lt-Scallywag wrote:
arrowheadrush wrote:

I have been really struggling with the fork but I think I have it figured out. First, my negative air spring was filled with grease. A lowers service made a huge difference. As counterintuitive as it sounds, try a higher pressure and faster rebound. Made all the difference to me. I had been running lower than recommended pressure with a bit of LSC to prevent diving, but the fork was very harsh except for big hits. Switching to a higher pressure and very little compression damping, combined with a fast rebound setting worked great. Also running just 1 token. For reference I am 175lbs, running 80PSI, open HSC and LSC, 8 clicks out LSR, 7 clicks out HSR (almost all the way open).

Thanks I'll try that out, ive heard about the excess grease. Ive never pulled a fork a part before but might have to give it a go

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 18:01 Quote
Tinshield wrote:
Finally finished building my bike!

S-Works S4
Fox 34 Factory Fit 4
XT 8100 Drivetrain with XTR chain
XT 8100 Brakes
XT pedals
ODI elite pro grips
SDG Bel Air 3.0 saddle

Wow -awesome build.

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 7:00 Quote
DJO3910 wrote:
Wow -awesome build.

Thanks!

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 14:48 Quote
Tinshield wrote:
DJO3910 wrote:
Wow -awesome build.

Thanks!
Agree! Beautiful bike. Super slick, real stealthy, and StUmpJumPerZ R000L!

~JSV

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 18:05 Quote
Thanks guys pretty impressed so far. Three rides in and contrary to some of the reviews I saw it didn’t take me long to get the suspension dialed. Bike is very energetic and responsive which is what I was looking for as my other bike (Devinci Troy) leans toward the enduro end of the spectrum. Still not 100% confident on tech yet which is to be expected.

I need to figure out how to pack my SWAT box and not have a rattle box. :-)

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 18:38 Quote
Tinshield wrote:
Thanks guys pretty impressed so far. Three rides in and contrary to some of the reviews I saw it didn’t take me long to get the suspension dialed. Bike is very energetic and responsive which is what I was looking for as my other bike (Devinci Troy) leans toward the enduro end of the spectrum. Still not 100% confident on tech yet which is to be expected.

I need to figure out how to pack my SWAT box and not have a rattle box. :-)

I had good success wrapping my stuff in the spare tube i carry (co2 setup, tire lever, a tool). snacks i just stuffed in there no prob

Posted: Aug 1, 2021 at 1:29 Quote
Back from a week in the mountains, I did the ticket to ride in Lenzerheide for those who know so I ended up riding 75km of single trails, - 6000m/+1000m elevation in a day with the Stumpy. I have also ridden most of the trails from blue to black in the area.
Definitely more sporty to hold in the rough than my Decoy I also took with but still super capable, the lightweight and the pedaling capabilities were really appreciable after long days on the saddle. I didn't get any issue with the fox DPS fading (it is my first non piggy back shock ever), didn't break or overwhelmed any other part of the bike. The only think I did was to use a tougher casing in the back and performance pads.

Posted: Aug 5, 2021 at 12:45 Quote
So hade my first ride on my s4 size (alu frame so longer cs) and im 6 feet/182cm. As noob it fits me well but for an more aggressiv rider id recomend trying a s5 before deciding even tho s4 should be bang on the spot.

Pleasently suprised how natural 29 felt compared to a when trying it out a couple of years ago.

I’m still a bit hesitent on rougher patches, probably psychological thing from having less travel and geometry that says go for it it - bit mind f*ck- all in all I think we will get along well.

Posted: Aug 5, 2021 at 19:05 Quote
Tinshield wrote:
Finally finished building my bike!

S-Works S4
Fox 34 Factory Fit 4
XT 8100 Drivetrain with XTR chain
XT 8100 Brakes
XT pedals
ODI elite pro grips
SDG Bel Air 3.0 saddle

Nice build. This is something I'm thinking to do as well.

Posted: Aug 6, 2021 at 8:30 Quote
Anyone put a 2.6 tire on the rear? Looking to get a pair of skinwall (tan) Butcher 2.6's, but worried about clearance of a 2.6 in the rear. Anyone successful?

Posted: Aug 8, 2021 at 8:41 Quote
Lt-Scallywag wrote:
arrowheadrush wrote:

Had to come back and say thanks for this. I set up my fork exactly how you recommended and it feels great now. Cheers!

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008971
Mobile Version of Website