2021 Stumpjumper

PB Forum :: Specialized
2021 Stumpjumper
Posted: Aug 24, 2021 at 10:40 Quote
Brodybro29 wrote:
MendelMu wrote:
Brodybro29 wrote:

The BB is already very low with a 29 wheel I don't think a mullet would ride well

With specialized mullet link the geometry should not change in that regard?

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/stumpjumper-carbon-27-5-suspension-link/p/205683?color=335840-205683&searchText=98922-8900

First time I see this link for the non EVO 2021 stumpy nice find! I would be curious to get some feedback as well I have never seen anybody running it so far it must be quite new

Unfortunatley I thought it would fit the alu version as well but it seems just to be for the carbon version?

Posted: Aug 28, 2021 at 15:59 Quote
Question on headset geometry adjustments. Looking for someone that can confirm my understanding or point me to a reference.

For the steep/slack head tube adjustment. If I want my head tube more slack I put the headset spacer in with the -1 degree marking FORWARD, thus decreasing the head tube angle (To ~63.5) and slackening the front end. Is this correct?

If I wanted to steepen the head tube angle I would rotate the spacer 180 degrees so the +1 was forward?

Posted: Aug 28, 2021 at 16:38 Quote
BryanBobo wrote:
Question on headset geometry adjustments. Looking for someone that can confirm my understanding or point me to a reference.

For the steep/slack head tube adjustment. If I want my head tube more slack I put the headset spacer in with the -1 degree marking FORWARD, thus decreasing the head tube angle (To ~63.5) and slackening the front end. Is this correct?

If I wanted to steepen the head tube angle I would rotate the spacer 180 degrees so the +1 was forward?

Are you asking about an EVO? I guess it doesn’t matter, provided you have an angle set. You’ve got it right. For steep, the steerer will be closer to the front of the bike. For slack, the steerer will be further back. You’ll likely find that the top cover sits up about 1mm when you’re in the slack setting, but you should be able to get proper tension and not have any creaking. I’ve been running Phil grease on the cup and so far all is silent.

Posted: Aug 28, 2021 at 17:41 Quote
Yup, hole further back is slack, hole further forward is steep, Hole in center is neutral, and a well lubed hole is a happy hole.

Posted: Aug 29, 2021 at 10:55 Quote
Chief2slo wrote:
""...and a well lubed hole is a happy hole...""

Should I... nah, too obvious.

~JSV

Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 10:15 Quote
Has anyone with the Stumpy EVO had any issues with their Swat bladder leaking? The bladder seam where it meets the plastic lid seems to have delaminated. I haven't found others experiencing the same issue via Google, so thought I'd try here. I can't even find the bladder for purchase through stores online or Specialized.

I've gone through my bike shop to see if it's a warranty issue or not, and waiting to hear back.

Just curious if anyone else has had any issues with their swat bladder leaking?

Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 10:18 Quote
Yeah I’m on the second one and it seems like I might have to get a third one as that one is developing some leaks as well. Might look for something similar at Rei.

Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 10:28 Quote
Eorios wrote:
Yeah I’m on the second one and it seems like I might have to get a third one as that one is developing some leaks as well. Might look for something similar at Rei.

Thanks Eorios. Did Spec warranty it or did you buy a replacement?

Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 10:37 Quote
petestan wrote:
Eorios wrote:

Thanks Eorios. Did Spec warranty it or did you buy a replacement?

I just bought another one since I didn’t ask at the shop I go to. But definitely will ask next time I go in.

Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 12:11 Quote
Mine is leaking as well, thinking of trying a dab of silicone, if that fails maybe I’ll find a platypus bottle that’ll fit. Seems like it’s a manufacturing \design issue so buying a new one doesn’t make any sense.

Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 12:21 Quote
Chief2slo wrote:
Mine is leaking as well, thinking of trying a dab of silicone, if that fails maybe I’ll find a platypus bottle that’ll fit. Seems like it’s a manufacturing \design issue so buying a new one doesn’t make any sense.

Yeah I also want to try that as well. If that doesn’t work then I’ll go another route.

Posted: Sep 24, 2021 at 9:08 Quote
Anyone here ride a 2021 comp and upgraded the travel to 150mm from 140mm??

Posted: Sep 24, 2021 at 9:47 Quote
olimcycles wrote:

I am riding the comp and recently moved to a 150mm fox 36. Zero regrets

Posted: Sep 24, 2021 at 10:03 Quote
olimcycles wrote:

Riding a Pike in 150mm, works well but only on the high position in my opinion. Low+150mm makes the front wheel too light for my taste on steep climbs

Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 5:34 Quote
hi al can i 190x51 rear shock fit on a 2021 specialized stumpjumper comp or what is the best way i can fit a 140mm travel rear shock ??

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006758
Mobile Version of Website