2021 Stumpjumper

PB Forum :: Specialized
2021 Stumpjumper
Author Message
Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 4:12 Quote
I run We Are One Factions with DT350 hubs. Very strong and run about 1650 grams. Paid about $1400 from Custom Wheel Builder.

Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 9:25 Quote
http://https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/22885743/

just in case anyone is thinking of mulleting the Stumpy. I had to try it because my 29er rear wheel was broken and it is awesome. The rear wheel got repaired some weeks ago but the bike ist much more fun now. BB weight is about 324mm in high position which is just fine given the small amount of sag

Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 9:36 Quote
having issues with my '22 stumpjumper evo headset. wanting to know if anyone else is having this problem: the stock headset from the beginning couldn't seem to find the proper preload torque. it was either slightly loose and letting the headset cup move slightly in the frame, or i could get the play out but then my bars just wouldn't turn freely. there was no middle ground. the only thing i can come up with is that the removable/ adjustable headset cups sit in the frame much looser than a standard pressed in cup, and it is allowing for play. i added shims under the dust cap on top of the top bearing, with the cap being way too high from the frame but thinking maybe there was some rubbing, and it still isn't helping. i have talked to specialized techs, shop friends, and nobody seems to have a solution. i even bought a new upgraded headset from wolftooth that is specifically designed for this frame, and i have the same issue. is this a warranty? anyone else have this problem?

Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 10:13 Quote
CristianoSebastiao wrote:
http://https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/22885743/

just in case anyone is thinking of mulleting the Stumpy. I had to try it because my 29er rear wheel was broken and it is awesome. The rear wheel got repaired some weeks ago but the bike ist much more fun now. BB weight is about 324mm in high position which is just fine given the small amount of sag

They make a proper 27.5" mullet link now for the Stumpjumpers. I have one on order.

Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 11:40 Quote
seraph wrote:
CristianoSebastiao wrote:
http://https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/22885743/

just in case anyone is thinking of mulleting the Stumpy. I had to try it because my 29er rear wheel was broken and it is awesome. The rear wheel got repaired some weeks ago but the bike ist much more fun now. BB weight is about 324mm in high position which is just fine given the small amount of sag

They make a proper 27.5" mullet link now for the Stumpjumpers. I have one on order.

You mean for the Evo, right? Mine is the short travel version

O+
Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 12:00 Quote
CristianoSebastiao wrote:
seraph wrote:
CristianoSebastiao wrote:
http://https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/22885743/

just in case anyone is thinking of mulleting the Stumpy. I had to try it because my 29er rear wheel was broken and it is awesome. The rear wheel got repaired some weeks ago but the bike ist much more fun now. BB weight is about 324mm in high position which is just fine given the small amount of sag

They make a proper 27.5" mullet link now for the Stumpjumpers. I have one on order.

You mean for the Evo, right? Mine is the short travel version

he’s talking about the short travel.

Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 13:28 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
CristianoSebastiao wrote:
seraph wrote:


They make a proper 27.5" mullet link now for the Stumpjumpers. I have one on order.

You mean for the Evo, right? Mine is the short travel version

he’s talking about the short travel.
Interesting would you have a Link so I can check it out?
Thanks

Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 13:29 Quote
CristianoSebastiao wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
CristianoSebastiao wrote:


You mean for the Evo, right? Mine is the short travel version

he’s talking about the short travel.
Interesting would you have a Link so I can check it out?
Thanks

Link

Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 14:26 Quote
seraph wrote:
CristianoSebastiao wrote:
newbermuda wrote:


he’s talking about the short travel.
Interesting would you have a Link so I can check it out?
Thanks

Link

Cool thanks!

Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 20:31 Quote
I did a special for my wife. I figure that folks here might enjoy...

http://www.peterverdone.com/windys-trail-crusher/





Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 23:26 Quote
With a higher front end it would be pretty sick. Not sure what your obsession with negative rise is.

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 8:57 Quote
seraph wrote:
Not sure what your obsession with negative rise is.

It has nothing to do with the stem. It's about fit, something few people look for.

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 23:58 Quote
pvd666 wrote:
seraph wrote:
Not sure what your obsession with negative rise is.

It has nothing to do with the stem. It's about fit, something few people look for.

Few people look for fit? I don't know about that one.

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 7:40 Quote
seraph wrote:
pvd666 wrote:
seraph wrote:
Not sure what your obsession with negative rise is.

It has nothing to do with the stem. It's about fit, something few people look for.

Few people look for fit? I don't know about that one.

I've seen almost no evidence of it. I mention several issues in my post that points to that. What makes you think that they do?

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 12:33 Quote
pvd666 wrote:
seraph wrote:
pvd666 wrote:


It has nothing to do with the stem. It's about fit, something few people look for.

Few people look for fit? I don't know about that one.

I've seen almost no evidence of it. I mention several issues in my post that points to that. What makes you think that they do?

Are you implying that manufacturers don't look for fit, or customers?


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006738
Mobile Version of Website