Thread: size--29" ----never again Leecougan

PB Forum :: Tutorials
Thread: size--29" ----never again Leecougan
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 11:18 Quote
Hello everyone, I open this post to describe my VERY bad experience with LeeCougan and ask for a possible solution to my problem.
I state that I had a rather frustrating and complicating purchasing experience.
One of the problems concerns the supports of the sheath of the gearbox, I attach some photos to be clearer. They are two bushings welded to the frame that support and stop the sheath so as to leave the wire of the gearbox taut, and visible near the rear upright, the upright that connects the fulcrum of the pedals and the hub of the rear wheel.
Every few handfuls of pedaling I go to crawl with my foot against the supports, I have already tried unsuccessfully to use tighter shoes, keeping my foot well parallel, and tried to rest on the outside of the pedal to keep me more spaced, nevertheless, yes ends up touching, however, ruining the wire of the gear sheath and also the shoes.
I took a look around and I realized that in practically all the other bikes, the two sheath holders are welded BELOW or UP to the upright, not LATERALLY, or possibly the cable was made passed inside the upright, which often and also willingly has a retracting profile to increase the distance with the pedal.
The cougan assistance does not recognize the defect, despite the millimeter distance, the best proposal they make me is to try to resell the bike with huge economic loss. Although he pointed out that it is absolutely normal that there are small or very slight shifts in the position of the foot (every few pedal strokes) according to them the fault is my feet. SIN THAT EVERYTHING HAPPENS ONLY WITH THEIR BICYCLE! and only on the RIGHT SIDE!
With that sheath holder so protruding it is practically impossible to ALWAYS maintain a non-contact position. Of course from the left side, where there is no cable it does not occur.
The assistance once informed of the problem, quickly cleared me with an email.
I tried to call to ask that they reevaluate the matter, after two days of trying, in the end I had to call with a hidden number to speak with the manager who perhaps had thought of solving by blocking the caller's number. In fact, having already made contact in the previous days, they already had my number, I say it for good reason since they did not answer from my cell phone, and calling a recorded message from the landline telecom, he informed me that the call could not be forwarded due to the block entered by the recipient.Needless to say, I will never buy cougans again.
To solve this, I thought of drilling the aluminum upright, putting gaskets and running the cable internally. Just buy a long sheath and cable glands with 5mm internal hole. and of course cut away the two sheath supports with consequent retouching of paint.
this is where I need your most advice. In fact, the seller (the more technical of the two at the shop), absolutely advised me against doing it, because according to him I would irreparably ruin the frame. My doubt, on the other hand, concerns the risk of compromising the functionality of the gearbox. In fact, it is not clear to me the usefulness of that short section of exposed wire. is it a purely aesthetic thing? Or does it serve to further tighten the shifting wire?
Could a whole and so long sheath inside the riser cause problems? could he have too much play and compromise the gearbox?
Many thanks to the users and bikers who can give me good advice.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010134
Mobile Version of Website