What is a good full suspension bike for an intermediate rider under 4000$ CA

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
What is a good full suspension bike for an intermediate rider under 4000$ CA
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 19:18 Quote
Im looking for a bike with anything over than 150mm of travel. I ride the north shore and most of the descents are pretty gnarly and I do a lot of climbing. Something i can take to whistler while still going to my local skills/jump park. Something with a shimano drivetrain because i've had problems with sram and would like to switch.

Posted: Aug 8, 2020 at 5:52 Quote
Commencal Meta Am (Hard hitting 160 mm 29er), Commencal Clash (Playful freeridish 27.5 bike with 170 travel that can climb also) Ibis Ripmo AF (More playful all mountain-ish 150 mm 29er) Privateer 161 ( Super capable and agressive enduro race bike with 161 mm of travel and 29 inch wheels), Norco sight (150 mm 29er all mountain bike, although it does have sx)

Note: The commencal models come with a Shimano Deore 1x10 on the cheapest (origin) model, but the next model up (Ride) comes with Sram SX.

Posted: Aug 8, 2020 at 12:12 Quote
LookinForBike wrote:
Im looking for a bike with anything over than 150mm of travel. I ride the north shore and most of the descents are pretty gnarly and I do a lot of climbing. Something i can take to whistler while still going to my local skills/jump park. Something with a shimano drivetrain because i've had problems with sram and would like to switch.

I can think of a lot of good options (Norco Sight, YT Capra, Commencal), but the Shimano part seems trickier on a lot of them... when is the last time you had a SRAM drivetrain? I've got an X0 drivetrain on my Jeffsy and I wouldn't have one bad thing to say about it, and an NX drivetrain on my Norco Fat Bike, and it seems to work just fine.

The Ibis Ripmo AF is a good recommendation, though a bit less travel then you are talking about - SLX is a nice drivetrain. I also think they are way backordered... looks like the same story w/ the Capra - Base model not shipping until January.

Posted: Aug 19, 2020 at 19:02 Quote
Im riding a norco fluid right now i broke my nx that was on it before and i upgraded to a gx and have been having small problems like the drivetrain once just out of nowhere after a ride started shifting bad and i didnt even fall on it. It just straight up un adjusted on me.

Posted: Aug 20, 2020 at 23:32 Quote
Save up another 1000 and get the sight A2 if you can find one in stock. Probably best value for your money. I'm a big fan of 150/160 setups for janky shore trails

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005049
Mobile Version of Website