Currently on a 224. Looking for some thing different! what do you recomend???

PB Forum :: Downhill
Currently on a 224. Looking for some thing different! what do you recomend???
Previous Page |
Posted: Oct 7, 2007 at 4:28 Quote
I am racing all season long next year, so need a race machine.

looking to switch to a different frame in the middle of summer, looking for something different?

any ideas??

cheers

Posted: Oct 7, 2007 at 7:48 Quote
what are you looking for, a bike thats light and nimble, or something that plows through most anything and gets the job done?

Posted: Oct 7, 2007 at 8:16 Quote
anything that gets the job done. that corners very well and takes the rough stuff very smooth, notice the rear end of the 224 kicks about way tooo much!

Posted: Oct 7, 2007 at 8:28 Quote
Well, I'm riding a santa cruz v10, and I'm lovin it, very smooth in the rough sections, the back tire stays glued to the ground nicely. Corners well and is very stable at speed.

Posted: Oct 7, 2007 at 8:30 Quote
is that the '07 model?

my mates got one but im not sure about the price.......

Posted: Oct 7, 2007 at 8:39 Quote
They've made many improvements to the V10 for '08, might want to look into one of those.

Posted: Oct 7, 2007 at 8:47 Quote
not looking for anything right now, not till mid season next year. cheers anyway.

Posted: Oct 7, 2007 at 8:51 Quote
Mines an 06, but its the same as the 07, they are definitely worth the investment, as its a top notch frame.

Posted: Oct 7, 2007 at 8:53 Quote
ill have a look in to it, but was thinking of the sunday wc.

i do like the v 10, just its a different ride. probably because im use to single pivots!

Posted: Oct 7, 2007 at 9:28 Quote
Dont think that you can go wrong with either the new v10 or sunday wc, there both awsome. I chose the vp-free because it's more suited to the uk, unless you ride at fort bill allot there isn't really the terrain over here to fully expliot the v10 to the max. turn the pro pedal off and the rear end of the vp-free just sticks to the ground. It can easilly handle it if you wanna go big, check out randy spangler and tyler klassen on drop-in 4, i havent done a road gap thats made me feel uncomfortable.

Posted: Oct 7, 2007 at 9:43 Quote
yeah fort bill is my local track, and im needing a bike with a low BB for the tight tracks at inners, really need to sort out a bike suited to scottish riding style!But have been told it kicks up more than the 224, but im not sure.

Not saying the 224 is bad, its amazing.Just that i wanna try a different style of bike. sunday wc cant be that bad for the rear end kicking up seeing as it got first in elite men and woman in the world champs at fort william!

Posted: Oct 7, 2007 at 12:21 Quote
What you guys think of Turners? DH or Highline??

Posted: Oct 7, 2007 at 12:40 Quote
a solid mission 9.
absolute machines.

not over priced either. allthough they are quite big so if you pretty short would advise testing one.

Posted: Oct 7, 2007 at 12:54 Quote
6ft 2?
lol

yeah i like them, you rode one before?

Posted: Oct 7, 2007 at 17:28 Quote
have you thought about specialized there shit is amazing i have a demo it corners like a dream and handels anything i throw at it

Previous Page |

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008402
Mobile Version of Website