Currently on a 224. Looking for some thing different! what do you recomend???

PB Forum :: Downhill
Currently on a 224. Looking for some thing different! what do you recomend???
Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 10:44 Quote
I used to have the Harlem and it was an amazing ride. I've olso ridden a mission9 at Chicksands and that was pretty amazing too, I'd check Solid out if I were you...

Posted: Dec 11, 2007 at 0:46 Quote
Im riding an Orange 223 , the only thing i noticed it handles really shitty in is rocksections...other then that the thing is a bullit!!I was gonna upgrade to a V10 or a sunday but i dont got the dough yet...Id go with the v 10 or the sunday WC

Posted: Dec 11, 2007 at 2:12 Quote
If you've been riding a 224 then stick to single pivot, you can't beat the feel, and that solid looks perfect.

Posted: Dec 11, 2007 at 3:28 Quote
have you had a look into the 08 giant glory??

Posted: Dec 11, 2007 at 8:04 Quote
yeah there pritty much the same as last years....still heavy.

Posted: Dec 11, 2007 at 9:20 Quote
You might also want to look at the new Devinci Wilson's. I ride an 06 model and love it, super low, slack, pedals well and rips through the gnarlies like no other bike I have tried. I had a chance to ride the new 08 at Silverstar this summer for the weekend and was more then impressed. Very adjustable frame, light, corners great, and plows over anything you can throw at it. These bike can easily be built up under 40 lbs and are as solid as any bike out there. Great race machines.

Posted: Dec 12, 2007 at 0:57 Quote
i found that yes glorys are heavy it is still very easy to flick around for a big bike

Posted: Dec 12, 2007 at 2:54 Quote
sunday world cup man its the best race frame out there. a glory will be good aswell but a ih sunday wc for sure

Posted: Dec 12, 2007 at 3:11 Quote
Im surprised no ones said this yet, but are you sure you want to swap frames mid-season when you say youre racing all season?

It could be a hassle getting all the parts swapped over and setup and I'd also say that it would be better to have a lot of time playing about on the new bike to get used to it, not trying to get used to it on a race weekend.

If I was you I'd try and get one asap before April or wait until September, but the choice is up to you.

Posted: Dec 12, 2007 at 3:45 Quote
yeah i know what your saying.....im heading to canada in august so i need shot of it....so i can buy my new one over there.

And by the sounds of it the frames for the sundays are about 1500 and not the 2000 over here in britain. so if i sell the 224 at the end of july start of august i only miss 2 races out of the season.

I hope!

Im still un–decided on what frame to get tho.

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 14:07 Quote
Check out the Solid Mission 9, or the Nicolai Lambda. The Nicolai's are sooo expensive in the UK though.

Good luck dude...

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 14:23 Quote
yeah cheers, one of my mates are getting a mission 9, so ill be testing it out.

Posted: Dec 17, 2007 at 7:03 Quote
i think its sorted.....getting a Iron horse sunday at the end of the year.

Got a pritty good price for a brand new frame and after riding one a while ago i think its the one for me.

cheers for all who put there input in to this thread.tup

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014517
Mobile Version of Website