rear shock help, ugrent!!

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
rear shock help, ugrent!!
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 29, 2008 at 19:30 Quote
no problem. If you lived here I'd be there and have em out for ya :-)

Posted: Feb 29, 2008 at 19:32 Quote
dam. i wish humans could fly

Posted: Feb 29, 2008 at 19:34 Quote
That happened on my last shock as well. To get it out i used a piece of old bike tube as a barrier and gently grabbed the reducer/eyelet with a vice. You don't want to reef too hard with the vice or you will ovalize the reducer. Pinch it in the vice and rotate the shock back and forth and it should come out. Once you get one side out the other is a piece of cake. Just use a bolt and tap it out with a hammer.

Posted: Feb 29, 2008 at 19:40 Quote
i shuold give that a shot too. my only vvice if very weeak, but ill see if its enough

lets see if wd 40 worked

Posted: Feb 29, 2008 at 20:01 Quote
good news everyoneSmile for the bigger bushing, the vice worked!!

as for the smaller one.. i think im gonan let my shop take care of that

Posted: Feb 29, 2008 at 20:07 Quote
Good job. Persistance pays off.

Posted: Feb 29, 2008 at 20:11 Quote
after spraying with lube ( wd-40 or somethin better ) move any pivots and work the wd in there... put it near a heat source.... a MILD heat source, such as a baseboard heater, the metal's have an expansion that may help to clear them, and it will aso help the oil work in .. Careful with clamp's, you can damage the Structure wall integrity ( basically making the metal have faults or a weak point ) if you clamp too hard.. the other possibility is that the Bushing has ovaled due to wear or improper installation or the previous bike.. it is pretty much FUBAR'd shell out the 20 and buy a new one....

...........Please, Do NOT cut your old shock.. Sell the old one or build something cool with it..... lol

|MAdNess

Posted: Feb 29, 2008 at 20:15 Quote
thanks for the adviceSmile i rested for 5 minutes, and the other busing is moving now.
im gonna go trty the vice. i had to yous plant trimmers.. but with wood on the tips to move it, using all my force. this just isn't right. whats the orange stuff in it?

and ok fine, im saving the vanila r.

Posted: Feb 29, 2008 at 20:19 Quote
oh well. by by vanilla coil.

i cleaned it off before i put it on the DHX.. im sure ill be fine

Posted: Feb 29, 2008 at 20:31 Quote
its very very labour intensive. its the most work ive ever done.. ever. thats an incredible amount of manuual force to move it.

conclusion:

vice works
wd sorta helps
i need new forks now to balence it all out.

Posted: Feb 29, 2008 at 20:58 Quote
photo

thats how its done yayBig Grin

i don't think its possible under human strenge and a regual vice to ovalize a bushing..

Posted: Feb 29, 2008 at 21:40 Quote
if you saw my vice, youd think otherwise :-) It IS possible, but pretty damn hard.

Posted: Mar 1, 2008 at 6:43 Quote
lol told you i have a shitty old 4 inch vice. i think i nearly popped a couple vains getting it out.

now i have a bighit with the best shock ive ever owened... and a foot and a half of snow.Madder

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011487
Mobile Version of Website