Giant Trance X

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant Trance X
Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 5:58 Quote
I ordered my 2020 Trance X in December of 2020 and I’m still waiting they keep saying it’ll be here but it’s still not here anyone else?

Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 6:11 Quote
heynoel wrote:
I ordered my 2020 Trance X in December of 2020 and I’m still waiting they keep saying it’ll be here but it’s still not here anyone else?

I know the bike market is insane right now but I'm amazed you've had enough patience to wait that long, I would've jumped ship to another brand/model months ago.

Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 9:43 Quote
heynoel wrote:

Which Model and what part of the country do you live in?

Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 9:43 Quote
heynoel wrote:
2020 models are long gone, 2021 are pretty much gone and 2022 are out now.
Never wait more than a couple of months.

Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 11:44 Quote
noideamtber wrote:
heynoel wrote:
2020 models are long gone, 2021 are pretty much gone and 2022 are out now.
Never wait more than a couple of months.

I don't even think there was a Trance X 2020, I thought it was a new model for the 2021 model year, also ordering a bike at that point in the year would most likely mean it was a 2021 regardless

Posted: Feb 4, 2022 at 8:56 Quote
Got my 2022 Trance X 29 1 in yesterday!

2022 Giant Trance X 29 1

2022 Giant Trance X 29 1

2022 Giant Trance X 29 1

2022 Giant Trance X 29 1 Chromag OSX bars and Industry Nine A318 stem

Posted: Feb 12, 2022 at 12:42 Quote
Finished for now.

Posted: Feb 12, 2022 at 20:55 Quote
Da-Moose wrote:
Finished for now.

Looks great! How do you like the pike ultimate? Had that same fork on my last bike and loved it, but it was shorter travel so not sure how the pike would handle 150mm vs the fox 36 or a lyrik.

Posted: Feb 14, 2022 at 11:27 Quote
WY228 wrote:
Da-Moose wrote:
Finished for now.

Looks great! How do you like the pike ultimate? Had that same fork on my last bike and loved it, but it was shorter travel so not sure how the pike would handle 150mm vs the fox 36 or a lyrik.

I got the fork two days ago and it’s been too snowy to ride so I can’t really report on it yet. That said I was looking more for a Lyrik, but the Pike showed up for a good deal and I couldn’t resist with the silver. I’m not into over forking bikes anymore so I won’t go taller than 150 on it so that wasn’t an issue. I was worried about the fork being too ‘trail’ but I’ve owned several old pikes that I’ve run up to 160 and I’ve thrashed them (mini freeride/slope style bikes) and never had an issue. I know the new chassis is a bit lighter, but I trust it. I am on the lighter side of adult riders and won’t do anything too crazy on this bike so I don’t think I’ll have an issue. I’ll give a full report after I get some rides in though.

Posted: Feb 15, 2022 at 6:52 Quote
Da-Moose wrote:
I got the fork two days ago and it’s been too snowy to ride so I can’t really report on it yet. That said I was looking more for a Lyrik, but the Pike showed up for a good deal and I couldn’t resist with the silver. I’m not into over forking bikes anymore so I won’t go taller than 150 on it so that wasn’t an issue. I was worried about the fork being too ‘trail’ but I’ve owned several old pikes that I’ve run up to 160 and I’ve thrashed them (mini freeride/slope style bikes) and never had an issue. I know the new chassis is a bit lighter, but I trust it. I am on the lighter side of adult riders and won’t do anything too crazy on this bike so I don’t think I’ll have an issue. I’ll give a full report after I get some rides in though.

Sounds good, thanks! I'm a sucker for that silver, wish they offered the Lyrik in that also.

Posted: Mar 1, 2022 at 3:17 Quote
nmuskier wrote:
WY228 wrote:

Yes you need a larger volume token(s). Your shock likely has either no token installed or a small one. Larger tokens take up more volume and ramp up the shock progression toward the end of the stroke making it harder to bottom out the higher in token size you go. Don't go too high though or you'll kill your small bump compliance, its a balance. Make sure you can still get the proper sag.

Find a set of tokens for your model shock and a youtube video on how to install, its typically an easy 5-10 min process.

I have a Fox DPX2 on the aluminum X 2 but its the same scenario with all air shocks. With the small stock token I was blowing through travel way too easily so I went up to the next size and it helped. I may even take it up another size to test out.
thanks!

This is invaluable information. Thanks very much for posting

Posted: Mar 1, 2022 at 4:36 Quote
grazer wrote:
This is invaluable information. Thanks very much for posting

Glad I could help Beer

Posted: Mar 1, 2022 at 7:46 Quote
Does anybody know when the trance x 1 (The 27.5 version) is releasing in the states? Its not listed on their website unless your on the international one.

Posted: Mar 1, 2022 at 8:42 Quote
mrkj221 wrote:
Does anybody know when the trance x 1 (The 27.5 version) is releasing in the states? Its not listed on their website unless your on the international one.

The 1 may not release in the states, same with how the 1 for the 29er version didn't either. I guess maybe its possible since there's currently no carbon model of the 27.5 X they'd be worried about cannibalizing. But Giant has been neglecting the US alloy market lately.

Posted: Mar 1, 2022 at 9:47 Quote
WY228 wrote:
mrkj221 wrote:

The 1 may not release in the states, same with how the 1 for the 29er version didn't either. I guess maybe its possible since there's currently no carbon model of the 27.5 X they'd be worried about cannibalizing. But Giant has been neglecting the US alloy market lately.

At this point it’s seems more like triage than neglect. But it’s frustrating. Maybe 202* (*pick a number bigger than current year)

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010854
Mobile Version of Website