Giant Trance X

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant Trance X
| Next Page
Posted: Nov 16, 2020 at 7:48 Quote
I'm also 5'11" with shorter legs (30" inseam) and feel the large fits me well. I'm on the small side for it but it just works.

Shortened the stem to 40mm and have the seatpost lowered almost all the way, about 5mm showing below the post collar. Medium would've fit my legs better but the reach felt a little cramped.

Posted: Nov 16, 2020 at 13:39 Quote
50percentsure wrote:
Just read MBR's review, being the only reviewers around that measure geo. They have the reach 14mm shorter than published for a size L, which is making me nervous about the M. Anyone on one that could do a quick measure front of the nose to to center of stem cap so I could get a ball park? Large Trance I have for reference is 26cm.

I realize reach isn't seated, but it's a difficult measurement and a lot to ask. It can be extrapolated from saddle to stem cap well enough for me.

Cheers

Definitely would recommend trying before you buy.

I am (apperently) 184ish CM. (just over 6'). I rode the xl in a parking lot and it felt like a boat. I ended up getting the large, it perfect, I am probably L/xl but wants to go a shade smaller, if you are 5'11, I think you will be fine on the large, med might feel small and you may not be able to get pedaling well.

For reference I had someone try mine yesterday, I think he was around 5'9 or 5'10? he couldn't ride the bike, it was too big for him, fits a med well.

Posted: Nov 17, 2020 at 17:28 Quote
Anyone have any idea on restocking timeframe?

Posted: Nov 18, 2020 at 6:24 Quote
padenw24 wrote:
Anyone have any idea on restocking timeframe?

for MA area...

March - X2
September - X3

that was as of 2 weeks ago

Posted: Nov 20, 2020 at 8:59 Quote
Hi guys and gals,

i am about to order TX 29 1 (hurray for GIANT EU), but i can't demo one because of COVID.
I'm 188 cm tall with an inseam of 89 cm (6'2 and 35" inseam - if i converted correctly) thinking of ordering XL but i'm not sure if it would be too big, my old bike is L size (old geo) and i feel it is on the small side for me. Anyone out there similar size as me that can pitch in?

Thanks!

Posted: Nov 20, 2020 at 9:23 Quote
Nervozza wrote:
Hi guys and gals,

i am about to order TX 29 1 (hurray for GIANT EU), but i can't demo one because of COVID.
I'm 188 cm tall with an inseam of 89 cm (6'2 and 35" inseam - if i converted correctly) thinking of ordering XL but i'm not sure if it would be too big, my old bike is L size (old geo) and i feel it is on the small side for me. Anyone out there similar size as me that can pitch in?

Thanks!

I’m sure the XL is for you. At 5’-11” on a L, here. There is no way you would fit a L comfortably.

Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 6:52 Quote
Nervozza wrote:
Hi guys and gals,

Thanks!

Definitely XL, at 6'0 Large is fine, xl was a shade big.

Posted: Nov 25, 2020 at 13:07 Quote
Hi guys. I've had the trance x 2 for about 2 months now. It's a really capable bike. Only issue I'm having is the rear wheel hitting my butt on steeper rollers. With the flip chip, is doing a mullet conversion possible without messing up the geo too much? What's the best way to go about converting to a mullet bike? What size wheel, width, etc? Do I need to buy a new hub and cassette? Thanks!

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 10:13 Quote
JB36 wrote:
Hi guys. I've had the trance x 2 for about 2 months now. It's a really capable bike. Only issue I'm having is the rear wheel hitting my butt on steeper rollers. With the flip chip, is doing a mullet conversion possible without messing up the geo too much? What's the best way to go about converting to a mullet bike? What size wheel, width, etc? Do I need to buy a new hub and cassette? Thanks!

I have no experience with mulleting this bike, but if you do it you wouldn’t need a new cassette as long as the new wheel’s hub has the same Microspline driver for a shimano 12sp cassette.

You could reuse the same hub if you just wanted to relace to a new rim but it’d probably just be easier to buy an entire new wheel with hub. The stock shimano hub isn’t worth carrying over to a new wheel build IMO.

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 12:52 Quote
Snake-Plisskin wrote:
Nervozza wrote:
Hi guys and gals,

Thanks!

I’m sure the XL is for you. At 5’-11” on a L, here. There is no way you would fit a L comfortably.

Bought a X1 alu in XL size, arrived today it fits like a glove! Fantastic feel on the bike, can't wait to try it in the wild XD.

Posted: Nov 30, 2020 at 22:26 Quote
Anyone know what volume spacer is in the fox dps shock? I'm riding a large x2 model. Feels like it ramps up a lot

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
Found a guy here on PB selling a takeoff DPX2 from the carbon Trance X. Just replaced the DPS, no rides yet but excited to have a beefier shock. Should've been the shock Giant equipped this with originally IMO.

New DPX2 on the Trance X

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
Im 5"9 and ordered the Medium.

The reach feels about an inch or two too short for me, but maybe Im just used to my old frame where I could just about reach the bars.

Quite happy with the X2 anyway, just a bit heavy . Thinking of getting a lighter wheelset eventually

Posted: 1 days ago Quote
Im thinking of buying a x3 used, is 2500 a fair price? how does it ride? anything and everything that I should know first?

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007601
Mobile Version of Website