Giant Trance X

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant Trance X
| Next Page
Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 17:11 Quote
Do you know how much the stock wheels weigh?

I’ve been riding the X2 for about 3 months now. I switched tires to the schwalbe racing Ralph’s, 2.35 front and 2.25 rear, and it made a huge difference.

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 17:52 Quote
Geomane wrote:

I’ve been riding the X2 for about 3 months now. I switched tires to the schwalbe racing Ralph’s, 2.35 front and 2.25 rear, and it made a huge difference.

Read on the review for the bike by Flow MTB that they weigh 2.46kg. I'm too lazy to strip them down to the bare rim to weigh and verify though.

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 20:52 Quote
WY228 wrote:
Geomane wrote:

Read on the review for the bike by Flow MTB that they weigh 2.46kg. I'm too lazy to strip them down to the bare rim to weigh and verify though.

That is 5.42 pounds for us Yankees. Add the SX cassette that’s on the X-3 and you got the reason why the bike is a slug.

In my riding area the Racing Ralphs are just not enough rubber to survive or that would be another option to drop some of that ridiculous rolling weight.

Posted: 1 hours ago Quote
Snake-Plisskin wrote:
WY228 wrote:
Geomane wrote:

That is 5.42 pounds for us Yankees. Add the SX cassette that’s on the X-3 and you got the reason why the bike is a slug.

In my riding area the Racing Ralphs are just not enough rubber to survive or that would be another option to drop some of that ridiculous rolling weight.

So we all agree that a lighter wheelset should definitely be on the cards?

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005706
Mobile Version of Website